Big East Conference Realignment v2018

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Big East Conference Realignment v2018

Postby Xudash » Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:05 pm

jbarajas0490 wrote:Yea I don't understand your hatred for UC football, I think you should direct that hate towards Michigan and Michigan State, it's the same in Wisconsin as Nebraska, i don't really like their basketball team but since Marquette usually plays well against them I don't have that much hatred for them just dislike. But their football team I'm actually a fan of cuz there is nothing else other than the Packers. And on top of that i know several people who attended Madison and I'm sure almost everyone who grew up in Wisconsin knows someone who went there. So there very little animosity like the Xavier fans towards UC. If anything I hate Ohio State I can't stand them, every goddamn year they woop the whole league i hate OSU almost as much as Minnesota Vikings or St. Louis Cards or Chicago Cubs.

It's different when two campuses are literally in the same city and only about 3.5 miles from one another and and the schools are so different from one another, and the entire city tends to focus on the annual game every year. In other words, the basketball rivalry spills into everything else. We play them in baseball, soccer, etc. as well.

You can't compare Marquette v. Wisconsin to Xavier v. UC in basketball. I'm not saying the former isn't a rivalry or great game, but it's not on the same level as the Crosstown Shootout. You also shouldn't attempt to make any form of connection involving Wisconsin football and UC football. That's an insult to the Badgers.

Sorry about your hatred of the Buckeyes. Based on what I've seen of their recruiting so far, your level of hatred will probably be maintained or increased.
XAVIER
Xudash

Re: Big East Conference Realignment v2018

Sponsor

Sponsor

Previous

Return to Big East basketball message board