Postby handdownmandown » Sat Jan 06, 2018 3:43 pm

St. John's...woof
handdownmandown

Re: (5) Saturday BE Games 1/6/18

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby MullinMayhem » Sat Jan 06, 2018 3:52 pm

This team getting spanked by DEPAUL. This team looks completely lost, no plan just tossing up jumpers. Introduce a zone to us and it's like an infant seeing calculus. It's official, the season is over and that's not the slightest exaggeration. 0-4 in the Big East and from 10-2 to 10-6 overnight practically. By the way, injury riddled PC just beat #5 Xavier. I don't want to hear it. LoVett's been out for 5 years, Ponds now sucks, and we look like we may honestly end up in the basement. What an embarrassing program.
MullinMayhem

Postby FriarJ » Sat Jan 06, 2018 3:55 pm

BEhomer wrote:
FriarJ wrote:
EMT wrote:Don't even bother answering that post. His team is not as good as he thinks it is. We will see what happens when they travel to Providence. I agree, the blown game against Marquette was bad but the boys battled today and shook it off. Jackson was a key to last years run and he sure seems to be coming on now.

I'm not a fan of any one team. I root for all BE teams. didn't watch Butler's win over Nova so yeah it may be a little premature, but I did notice Baldwin playing lot better in conf. we'll see what happens against Seton hall. if they pull it off it's already two wins against #1 and #21.
I'm so sorry, not meant for you, I thought EMT quoted another poster.
FriarJ

Postby EMT » Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:38 pm

MullinMayhem wrote:This team getting spanked by DEPAUL. This team looks completely lost, no plan just tossing up jumpers. Introduce a zone to us and it's like an infant seeing calculus. It's official, the season is over and that's not the slightest exaggeration. 0-4 in the Big East and from 10-2 to 10-6 overnight practically. By the way, injury riddled PC just beat #5 Xavier. I don't want to hear it. LoVett's been out for 5 years, Ponds now sucks, and we look like we may honestly end up in the basement. What an embarrassing program.

Serious question - What the hell happened to Ponds this year? His shooter %s are atrocious compared to last year. 21% 3s on over 6 a game?
EMT

Postby ChelseaFriar » Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:52 pm

BEhomer wrote:didn't watch Marquette game, but this game was exactly what I expected to see from them this season. Cartwright pushing pace and creating shots. bullock and lindsey knocking down some 3s. jackson doing little bit of everything. young taking the next step from last year. some bench depth from MAL and watson. didn't see much from Diallo in this game but he's the one with most upside i think. they certainly passed the eye test.

PC was missing Bullock (leading scorer and rebounder) for Marquette game and they handed MU the game in the final minute of regulation with sloppy turnovers and a terrible decision to foul giving MU an And1. That said, Howard put on a freakin' show.

A lot of their losses have come during times where they were missing key players or key players were not close to 100% (Cartwright played 6 minutes vs. Houston, Cartwright was clearly hobbled vs. URI, Bullock sat vs. MU). Can't remember the deal at UMass but I think someone got hurt (that said, the loss to UMass was ridiculous - need to win that game anyway).

Maliek White, a key guard off the bench, has also been missing for a few weeks now. Hoping he's back soon.
Last edited by ChelseaFriar on Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:00 pm, edited 5 times in total.
ChelseaFriar

Postby Hall2012 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:54 pm

What a basketball game at Hinkle this afternoon. The foul fest was a little frustrating to watch at times, but it was a great battle between two great teams that could have gone either way. Credit to Myles Powell who was terrible for most of the afternoon, playing with the flu, but was able to step up with some CLUTCH shots at the end of the game to give his team the lead, then ice it at the free throw line.

Great game.
Seton Hall Pirates
Big East Tournament Champions: 1991, 1993, 2016
Big East Regular Season Champions: 1992, 1993, 2020
Hall2012

Postby kmacker69 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:03 pm

Got to hand it to Hall, they shot great in the second half and got us on our home court... Foul fest messed up the flow of the game, but y'all made the shots and shot 78% at the FT line!?!? :shock: Damnit! :mrgreen:
Lets go Dawgs!
kmacker69

Postby whiteandblue77 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:07 pm

Is there a Carnesecca Gym curse? Johnnies play like shit there
The Big East is Dead! Long Live the Big East!
whiteandblue77

Postby MullinMayhem » Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:53 pm

If SJ is not in the tournament next year, Mullin should be fired. Plain, simple. Well, time to look forward to Mets baseball (barf) and the Jets drafting another defensive player we don't need. So blessed with my teams.
MullinMayhem

Postby gtmoBlue » Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:57 pm

1 more game, 1 more upset? Can Rowsey and Howard take down the Çhamps? stay tuned sportsfans.
"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." - Mahatma Gandhi
"Top tier teams rarely have true "down" years and find a way to stay relevant every year." - Adoraz

Creighton
gtmoBlue

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board