(5) Saturday BE Games 1/6/18

The home for Big East hoops

Re: (5) Saturday BE Games 1/6/18

Postby aggroxcraig » Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:53 pm

*Sorry, I'm a little late to say this*

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

WE'RE NOT THE WORST TEAM IN THE BIG EAST!!

#GoDePaul
aggroxcraig

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby kayako » Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:58 pm

aggroxcraig wrote:*Sorry, I'm a little late to say this*

#GoDePaul

Maybe not even the 2nd worst.
supernova
kayako

Postby aggroxcraig » Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:25 pm

kayako wrote:
aggroxcraig wrote:*Sorry, I'm a little late to say this*

#GoDePaul

Maybe not even the 2nd worst.

I'll take it.
aggroxcraig

Postby gosports1 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:55 pm

whiteandblue77 wrote:Is there a Carnesecca Gym curse? Johnnies play like shit there

Does SJU have more games at Carnesecca this year than in the past ?
gosports1

Postby GumbyDamnit! » Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:03 am

The nightcap matchup between Howard and Brunson was a lot of fun to watch. Howard is in a serious scoring zone right now. Reminds me so much of the BC great Dana Barros, who was similar in size, quickness and ability to extend out past 20 ft effortlessly. 89 pts in 2 games has got to be a BE record.

Brunson, for his part, is having a ridiculously good season statistically. It’s almost going unnoticed because he’s just so consistent that everyone just kind of expects that he is going to have a good game every time he steps on the floor. Shooting almost 60% overall, 49% from 3 and a 4:1 assist-to-TO ratio. That’s insane.

BE has some serious star power this year.
Go Nova!
GumbyDamnit!

Postby EMT » Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:29 am

gosports1 wrote:
whiteandblue77 wrote:Is there a Carnesecca Gym curse? Johnnies play like shit there

Does SJU have more games at Carnesecca this year than in the past ?

Yes. I believe there are some one time events this year that bumped them this year. Maybe the Grammys?
EMT

Postby DudeAnon » Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:52 am

GumbyDamnit! wrote:The nightcap matchup between Howard and Brunson was a lot of fun to watch. Howard is in a serious scoring zone right now. Reminds me so much of the BC great Dana Barros, who was similar in size, quickness and ability to extend out past 20 ft effortlessly. 89 pts in 2 games has got to be a BE record.

Brunson, for his part, is having a ridiculously good season statistically. It’s almost going unnoticed because he’s just so consistent that everyone just kind of expects that he is going to have a good game every time he steps on the floor. Shooting almost 60% overall, 49% from 3 and a 4:1 assist-to-TO ratio. That’s insane.

Brunson is a stud. Is he planning on leaving after this year?
Xavier

2018 Big East Champs
DudeAnon

Postby admin » Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:59 am

DudeAnon wrote:
GumbyDamnit! wrote:The nightcap matchup between Howard and Brunson was a lot of fun to watch. Howard is in a serious scoring zone right now. Reminds me so much of the BC great Dana Barros, who was similar in size, quickness and ability to extend out past 20 ft effortlessly. 89 pts in 2 games has got to be a BE record.

The deadspin article after the Temple game had this quote:
Fortunately for Temple fans, Jay Wright admitted his junior guard is going to turn pro after this year. He won’t be around to torment them any more.

I didn't actually see Wright's actual comment, but it appears so.
admin
Site Admin

Postby GumbyDamnit! » Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:06 pm

DudeAnon wrote:

Yeah, he will graduate in 3 yrs. Everyone is expecting him to bolt for (hopefully) the NBA. Same with Bridges.
Go Nova!
GumbyDamnit!

Postby Xudash » Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:28 pm

Congrats to the Friars for their win over my Muskies yesterday. I assume that's what you were supposed to look like for the season - you back at full strength now?
XAVIER
Xudash

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board