Today's games(2) - Wed. 1/3

The home for Big East hoops

Postby Westbrook#36 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:06 am

Marquette @ Providence - 6:30 CBSSN

St. John's @ Creighton - 8:00 FS1

Got a feeling that the game at the Dunk tonight is going to be fairly important come selection time. Both teams are looking very bubblicious and very well could be counting every win/loss come March. An opportunity for a win over a fellow bubble team is not to be trifled with.
Last edited by Westbrook#36 on Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Westbrook#36

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Today's games(2) - Wed. 1/3

Postby stever20 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:09 am

saw from Rothstein-
Providence's Kyron Cartwright (ankle) is a game-time decision for tonight's game against Marquette, per Ed Cooley.

huge game for Marquette/Providence.
stever20

Postby MullinMayhem » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:45 am

Going to be very difficult going on the road to a great Creighton team with almost 20,000 crazed fans. Ponds is rumored to possibly play but who knows? As long as LoVett is still out, I don't see us realistically beating anyone but G'Town, DePaul, and Marquette. This LoVett thing is so strange. I watched the entire UCF game he reportedly got hurt in. At no point did he look legitimately hurt...no one even noticed. Maybe he came up and walked a bit gingerly but nothing serious. This along with whispers from inside the program that he might be milking it to preserve himself for his professional career. Of course those are whispers so who knows?

Every game without LoVett will be an uphill battle and it's very hard to see beating X, Nova, SHU, Creighton, Butler, PC, etc. without him. The coaching staff looks foolish here assuring fans he is "day to day" for what feels like the entire season. If the rumors are true that he is ready physically to play but does not want to risk further injury, then let him leave early. We need more guys like Owens who put the team first and give their all. If he really is still injured of course I don't expect him to play, but if he really is ready to go but doesn't want to risk injury, then not sure why he's here.
MullinMayhem

Postby gtmoBlue » Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:44 pm

1 game at a time MM, one game at a time. Your boys played tough at SH and I expect no less today. They've as good a shot as any. While I expect the Jays to win, it should be a tough game.
"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." - Mahatma Gandhi
"Top tier teams rarely have true "down" years and find a way to stay relevant every year." - Adoraz

Creighton
gtmoBlue

Postby NJRedman » Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:23 pm

MullinMayhem wrote:Going to be very difficult going on the road to a great Creighton team with almost 20,000 crazed fans. Ponds is rumored to possibly play but who knows? As long as LoVett is still out, I don't see us realistically beating anyone but G'Town, DePaul, and Marquette. This LoVett thing is so strange. I watched the entire UCF game he reportedly got hurt in. At no point did he look legitimately hurt...no one even noticed. Maybe he came up and walked a bit gingerly but nothing serious. This along with whispers from inside the program that he might be milking it to preserve himself for his professional career. Of course those are whispers so who knows?

Every game without LoVett will be an uphill battle and it's very hard to see beating X, Nova, SHU, Creighton, Butler, PC, etc. without him. The coaching staff looks foolish here assuring fans he is "day to day" for what feels like the entire season. If the rumors are true that he is ready physically to play but does not want to risk further injury, then let him leave early. We need more guys like Owens who put the team first and give their all. If he really is still injured of course I don't expect him to play, but if he really is ready to go but doesn't want to risk injury, then not sure why he's here.

Oh god here we go! Hoopers conspiracy theory of the week. This is the definition of a great fan! Question the motivations of college kids not living up to random adults expectations. /s
NJRedman

Postby MUPanther » Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:45 pm

Marquette at Providence
TV: CBSSN- John Sadak (PxBxP), Steve Lapas (color), Jon Rothstein (sideline)

St. John's at Creighton,
TV:FS1- Justin Kutcher p-x-p & Nick Bahe Analyst
Marquette Season Ticket Holder at Fiserv Forum
Milwaukee Panther Season Ticket Holder at UWM Panther Arena (MECCA)
MUPanther

Postby MullinMayhem » Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:53 pm

Redman, again...I could cure cancer and you'd find a way to be angry about it :lol: those are rumors I've heard and I'm just passing them along. It's not throwing things on a board and seeing what sticks. Remember, he almost transferred recently so is it really that hard to imagine as a possibility at least? It's not a conspiracy theory with the staff knowingly lying to us. It's a fact. They said day to day and he's been out what 7 or 8 weeks now? Use your head. You don't think doctors give timetables with much more accuracy than this? If he was out 1 or 2 more games than we thought he would be then fine, it happens. But you don't say day to day and then he's all but gone for the season. Read between the lines here, something's going on we are not being told about.
MullinMayhem

Postby BigmanU » Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:17 pm

MullinMayhem wrote:Redman, again...I could cure cancer and you'd find a way to be angry about it :lol: those are rumors I've heard and I'm just passing them along. It's not throwing things on a board and seeing what sticks. Remember, he almost transferred recently so is it really that hard to imagine as a possibility at least? It's not a conspiracy theory with the staff knowingly lying to us. It's a fact. They said day to day and he's been out what 7 or 8 weeks now? Use your head. You don't think doctors give timetables with much more accuracy than this? If he was out 1 or 2 more games than we thought he would be then fine, it happens. But you don't say day to day and then he's all but gone for the season. Read between the lines here, something's going on we are not being told about.

Dude, STFU and kill the rumors. These are college kids giving their all for no pay. The rest off the team needs to lace em' up and play. A few years back the Friars played with a six man rotation the whole year and willed their way to a Big East Championship. This is the BEast, time to play!
BigmanU

Postby NJRedman » Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:34 pm

MullinMayhem wrote:Redman, again...I could cure cancer and you'd find a way to be angry about it :lol: those are rumors I've heard and I'm just passing them along. It's not throwing things on a board and seeing what sticks. Remember, he almost transferred recently so is it really that hard to imagine as a possibility at least? It's not a conspiracy theory with the staff knowingly lying to us. It's a fact. They said day to day and he's been out what 7 or 8 weeks now? Use your head. You don't think doctors give timetables with much more accuracy than this? If he was out 1 or 2 more games than we thought he would be then fine, it happens. But you don't say day to day and then he's all but gone for the season. Read between the lines here, something's going on we are not being told about.

Stop with the BS, he didn't almost transfer.

It's not a fact that the staff is "lying to us". Sprains aren't a definitive timetable. Their are what you call NAGGING injuries. They linger for a long time.

You are certifiably nuts.
NJRedman

Postby DudeAnon » Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:41 pm

All of these teams are unpredictable except for Creighton. So gimme Creighton and Marquette because they can get hot and never look back some times.
Xavier

2018 Big East Champs
DudeAnon

Next

Return to Big East basketball message board