Today's Games(2) - Tuesday 1/2/18

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Today's Games(2) - Tuesday 1/2/18

Postby Irishdawg » Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:33 pm

Xudash wrote:Ha! I didn't mention "rivalry" anywhere in my post. I just pointed out the record for kicks. Xavier's rival is UC, so don't get too full of yourself over that notion.

I actually like your mascot and thought the pic was funny.

But that isn't the point. The point is that you guys believe Butler has some kind of spotless rep and mystique, and that Xavier is about "criminals" and the other nonsense you spout on about on your message board. Rather desperate on the part of some of your fan base actually.

If the roles were reversed - had the Blue Blob taken a dump on your campus hayride wagon - you guys would be beside yourselves, throwing out your "classless" remarks. You don't get to have it both ways.

Did I mention 7-3 in the last 10 games...

You did - good for you guys. Again, you've had one coach during that time. Butler's had 3, and your recruiting's been miles better, so you should win the majority of these matchups. You're also 7-3 against UC in the last 10, so if you think about it, Butler's pretty much as much of a rival as Cincinnati lately. You didn't mention that it was a rivalry, but other Xavier fans on this thread have jokingly. I'm not going to pretend though that Butler's nearly as much of a rival for Xavier as Xavier is for Butler. That happens.

Butler's players aren't that much different than Xavier's if you look at the very minor offenses that Macura and Bluiett were busted for. Butler's haven't gotten caught while in school for whatever reason, other than Chrishawn Hopkins, who was promptly booted off of campus for something far more dangerous than Macura or Bluiett (shooting a student with a pellet gun). Heck, Rose Jones was drinking before he was 21 and was recently busted for a DUI. I'm not one of those fans who believe that any place is free from issues.

If the blob was a furry pet that took a dump on Butler's campus rather than a human in a mascot outfit, then I think the majority of people would find it funny, and if they didn't, then they're stupid. If Hink took a dump on Xavier's campus, then I would expect the individual in the uniform to rightfully be charged and prosecuted for it. That's disgusting. Now if the Blob pretended to pee on the Butler sign (such as sticking a water hose between his legs and spraying the sign)? I'd find that in good fun.

I also find it funny that you characterize Butler as some podunk school in a hick village when Indianapolis has a population 3 times the size of Cincinnati.
Irishdawg

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Xudash » Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:59 pm

Irishdawg wrote:
Xudash wrote:Ha! I didn't mention "rivalry" anywhere in my post. I just pointed out the record for kicks. Xavier's rival is UC, so don't get too full of yourself over that notion.

I actually like your mascot and thought the pic was funny.

But that isn't the point. The point is that you guys believe Butler has some kind of spotless rep and mystique, and that Xavier is about "criminals" and the other nonsense you spout on about on your message board. Rather desperate on the part of some of your fan base actually.

If the roles were reversed - had the Blue Blob taken a dump on your campus hayride wagon - you guys would be beside yourselves, throwing out your "classless" remarks. You don't get to have it both ways.

Did I mention 7-3 in the last 10 games...

You did - good for you guys. Again, you've had one coach during that time. Butler's had 3, and your recruiting's been miles better, so you should win the majority of these matchups. You're also 7-3 against UC in the last 10, so if you think about it, Butler's pretty much as much of a rival as Cincinnati lately. You didn't mention that it was a rivalry, but other Xavier fans on this thread have jokingly. I'm not going to pretend though that Butler's nearly as much of a rival for Xavier as Xavier is for Butler. That happens.

Butler's players aren't that much different than Xavier's if you look at the very minor offenses that Macura and Bluiett were busted for. Butler's haven't gotten caught while in school for whatever reason, other than Chrishawn Hopkins, who was promptly booted off of campus for something far more dangerous than Macura or Bluiett (shooting a student with a pellet gun). Heck, Rose Jones was drinking before he was 21 and was recently busted for a DUI. I'm not one of those fans who believe that any place is free from issues.

If the blob was a furry pet that took a dump on Butler's campus rather than a human in a mascot outfit, then I think the majority of people would find it funny, and if they didn't, then they're stupid. If Hink took a dump on Xavier's campus, then I would expect the individual in the uniform to rightfully be charged and prosecuted for it. That's disgusting. Now if the Blob pretended to pee on the Butler sign (such as sticking a water hose between his legs and spraying the sign)? I'd find that in good fun.

I also find it funny that you characterize Butler as some podunk school in a hick village when Indianapolis has a population 3 times the size of Cincinnati.

Well, perhaps you can help me out on that last part. Cincinnati's MSA, which is what actually matters, is about 2.2 million. Something tells me Indy isn't sitting at over 6 million.

I like Butler and I like being in the BE with Butler. We've both earned our places in the conference. It's just that some of your fans can be petty and dumb when it comes to X.
XAVIER
Xudash

Postby Irishdawg » Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:14 pm

Xudash wrote:
Well, perhaps you can help me out on that last part. Cincinnati's MSA, which is what actually matters, is about 2.2 million. Something tells me Indy isn't sitting at over 6 million.

I like Butler and I like being in the BE with Butler. We've both earned our places in the conference. It's just that some of your fans can be petty and dumb when it comes to X.

It's not - I was just looking at the population of Indianapolis proper (864k) vs. CIncinnati proper (290k). Indy's MSA is 2.4 million. The schools have more in common than they are dissimilar.

People are always irrational when it comes to something they're passionate about. Doesn't justify it, but it happens. Our fans post dumb stuff about our own team. I won't pretend like I haven't posted something stupid either, on this board or other places.
Irishdawg

Previous

Return to Big East basketball message board