(2) Games Today - Sunday - New Years Eve...

The home for Big East hoops

Re: (2) Games Today - Sunday - New Years Eve...

Postby MullinMayhem » Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:29 am

I'm not saying anything can be done about the injuries. Obviously they happen, but it has affected us this year more than any other team in the Big East thus far. PC had some but they were back on the court and no issue at all. They even played well while still healing. Just because things are out of your control doesn't mean they aren't very frustrating. The one thing the staff can do is be upfront and honest about the injuries. We were told LoVett was "day to day" what 2 months ago? That's a flat out lie and everyone knows it. Don't act like they can't give us a realistic projection...teams do it all the time. Instead of giving false hope just tell us it's severe and he's going to be out most of the season. If you don't think coaching staffs flat out lie to media and fans all the time, you haven't been following sports much. Yes we played our hearts out against SHU given the circumstances, but unfortunately no one cares about that on the NCAA committee and it's still counted as a "L".

How many times can we possibly be saying "maybe next year"? It's been happening for 3 decades with what, 3 nationally relevant seasons where we mattered in March? This is a program without a NCAA win in almost 20 years! There are players on the team now that never witnessed a SJ tournament win in their entire lives. Excuse me for getting a bit antsy with the whole NCAA tournament thing. If I was a Butler, Creighton, X, Nova, Seton Hall, etc. fan then fine I'm being dramatic. But they have true recent national success. We do not so it gets more frustrating to take these injuries.
MullinMayhem

Re: (2) Games Today - Sunday - New Years Eve...

Sponsor

Sponsor

Previous

Return to Big East basketball message board