Another injury for Nova

The home for Big East hoops

Another injury for Nova

Postby GumbyDamnit! » Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:54 pm

Jermaine Samuels joins Colin Gillespie with a broken hand. Out for rest of BE regular season. Nova down to a true 7 man rotation. Starters + DiVincenzo + Cosby Roundtree. Yikes. Maybe Tim Delaney can help... They'll need to blow teams out to get any rest. Not good for long term aspirations. I felt last year's team wore down by year end; hoping same doesn't happen this year.
Go Nova!
GumbyDamnit!

Another injury for Nova

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Another injury for Nova

Postby bobpp1 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:08 pm

I still would take Novas top seven against any other Big East teams top ten. Injuries are part of the season for every team.
bobpp1

Postby BEXU » Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:45 pm

Sure, unless, of course, there is foul trouble or a guy has to step out due to a hard hit, etc.
BEXU

Postby stever20 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:03 pm

BEXU wrote:Sure, unless, of course, there is foul trouble or a guy has to step out due to a hard hit, etc.

I think that's far less of a problem than you think. I mean remember PC a few years ago? Weren't they down to pretty much like a 6.5 guy rotation? And they still made the tourney.

Just looking ahead- the schedule really doesn't get nasty for Nova until Feb. Only team getting any votes in the polls this week they play in January is Xavier(at home). But Feb is just totally nasty- with 5 games with ranked teams- with 3 of those 5 on the road.
stever20

Postby kayako » Sat Dec 30, 2017 6:08 am

GumbyDamnit! wrote:Not good for long term aspirations. I felt last year's team wore down by year end; hoping same doesn't happen this year.

I'd prefer 8 or 9, but 7 man rotation can work long term. What's hurt us in the past is guards getting worn out having to rebound and defend the post. Remember Foye said they had nothing left in the tank VS. Florida. Perhaps it's affected Hart last year. I worry about Brunson.
supernova
kayako

Postby Westbrook#36 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:52 am

Well DCR just graduated from 12-15 min spot role player to 20-25 min key contributor. Only good thing about this injury is that it's to Samuel's non shooting hand. I'm hoping he can suck it up and only miss 5 weeks, hopefully he'll be back by early/mid Feb. Maybe we'll get lucky and here some good news about Gillespie in that time frame as well. Fingers crossed.
Westbrook#36

Return to Big East basketball message board