SJU Fans: Any word on Ponds?

The home for Big East hoops

Postby EMT » Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:26 am

He had that loose wrap on his leg on the bench but it didn't seem like he was really attended to.
EMT

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: SJU Fans: Any word on Ponds?

Postby hoops22 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:41 am

I have no inside information, but being a lifelong Johnny fan the following should be expected. Lovett won't be back anytime soon. Ponds will be out for at least a month. Simon will go down in the next game, possibly for the season. In a couple of weeks, instead of the vaunted backcourt we've been bragging about all season, we'll be starting a couple of walk ons. Such is life for a St. John's fan. By the way, the Garden will be burning down in early January as well, but that's the subject for a different thread. What a demoralizing game it was last night.
hoops22

Postby NJRedman » Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:53 pm

hoops22 wrote:I have no inside information, but being a lifelong Johnny fan the following should be expected. Lovett won't be back anytime soon. Ponds will be out for at least a month. Simon will go down in the next game, possibly for the season. In a couple of weeks, instead of the vaunted backcourt we've been bragging about all season, we'll be starting a couple of walk ons. Such is life for a St. John's fan. By the way, the Garden will be burning down in early January as well, but that's the subject for a different thread. What a demoralizing game it was last night.

Lovett will be back by the 7th, Ponds MRI said there was no serious structural issues.
NJRedman

Postby muskienick » Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:06 pm

Rest assured, every last piece of the Red Storm puzzle will be present, healthy, and at their best when St. John's plays the Muskies. (We are lucky that way.) But at this point in the season, I don't want it any other way. The more our kids are challenged, the more ready they will be to take on the rigors of the NCAA Tourney.
muskienick

Postby REDMEN1415 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:51 pm

Source on St. John's guard Shamorie Ponds: MRI revealed no structural damage, he seems fine. All signs point to him playing Sunday. #sjubb
Per Zach B
REDMEN1415

Postby SJUBBALL » Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:42 pm

Lovett has been day to day for a long time now. We need him back.

ALSO.

Ponds just posted on instagram, saying “can’t wait to be back out there but don’t wanna rush until I’m ready”

Sounds like he’s out for the game tomorrow night
SJUBBALL

Return to Big East basketball message board