(2) Thurs. BE Games 12/28/17

The home for Big East hoops

Re: (2) Thurs. BE Games 12/28/17

Postby NJRedman » Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:35 pm

SJUBBALL wrote:Sorry, I don’t buy that providence just “got hot” and that’s why they won.

They clearly had a game plan coming in, patience on offense, swing the ball, an open 3 will come

This is Mullin and staffs third year. They’ve played Jalen Lindsey 4 times. I’m sure watched him on film much more than that. Everyone knows his game. He’s a spot up three point shooter.

It’s inexcusbale that he found himself wide open with no one around him 8-9 times last night from 3.

Diallo isn’t a great 3 point shooter, but he’s a D1 guard playing at the big east level, leave him wide open, yea he’s gonna hit a couple.

Cartwright hit a couple wild shots from deep last night. Tough. But if you think they just got hot and the defense wasn’t major trash last night, well SHU putting 100 on us might change your mind

How many points did Cartwright have before Ponds got hurt?

Yeah, our defense wasn't great but lets not act like it was all on us and PC wasn't en fuego,

This is why I hate my fellow SJU fans. One bad game and the world ended. Fire everyone the kids stink the program is trash and we'll never get better. It was a one point game at half. Ponds gets hurt early in the second and their dynamic PG can now dish and shoot without one of the best defensive guards in his face.
NJRedman

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby EMT » Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:47 pm

Looking at the Play by Play (quickly), if Ponds left with around 9:00 left, Cartwright had 15 pt & 9 assists when Ponds went down.

He finished with 21/15.....

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basket ... =400988551
EMT

Postby NJRedman » Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:41 pm

EMT wrote:Looking at the Play by Play (quickly), if Ponds left with around 9:00 left, Cartwright had 15 pt & 9 assists when Ponds went down.

He finished with 21/15.....

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basket ... =400988551

He played while hurt for most of the 2nd half before leaving the game. He hurt his knee on a break away lay up and was visibly gimpy from then until he left.
NJRedman

Previous

Return to Big East basketball message board