(3) Wednesday Big East Conference Games 12/27/17

The home for Big East hoops

Re: (3) Wednesday Big East Conference Games 12/27/17

Postby billyjack » Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:19 am

Great games last night.

The Derrickson 3, the Butler tip in, the Baldwin bid for a game winning 3, the 2 overtimes, wow. Georgetown looked great, aggressively pushing the ball, attacking. Butler came up with so many great possessions. What a game!

Loved the track meet and chippiness in Milwaukee. Crowd was awesome.

Good crowd at Wintrust. DePaul is maybe only a year away. I can see them becoming a force very soon. They're only a few possessions away from being 10-2 non conference

Great night.
Providence
billyjack

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby ecasadoSBU » Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:32 am

Wow. That Georgetown-Butler game was great last night. What a Game! What a way to open the season!

Followed up by the Xavier-MU Game! WOW
Stony Brook Red, Connecticut Blue, and Big East basketball!
ecasadoSBU

Postby MUBoxer » Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:03 pm

Macura should’ve gotten T’d up right at the end of half. No question that punching the hoop and yelling at a red should’ve been a T. Beyond that I thought it was fairly evenly called. I think X got lucky that we sit exceptionally poor from the free throw line but I feel if Cain can continue that play from yesterday MU will be a much bigger force in conference than y’all think.
Marquette 2013
NUI-Galway 2019
MUBoxer

Postby GumbyDamnit! » Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:18 pm

Def a fun night.

G'town's intensity on D tells me all I need to know. Patrick E. has changed the culture and brought some fire back to DC. JT3's guys played like their coach's personality--never seemed to take losing personally. I can tell that Patrick does. Love their big guys too.

Butler found a way. Rinse. Repeat. Baldwin can ball.

Nova had 7 guys in double figures. There are 6 different rotation players shooting over 40% from 3 this year. Crazy. Who are you going to stop when anyone on the floor can punish you? Additions of Booth and Spellman make such a huge difference to this team. Shot a ridiculous 65% eFG% last night.

DePaul has always been "a year away" from respectability. They scrapped and clawed for 40 but they just don't have high D1 talent IMO. They are a team of players who would be 2nd or 3rd off the bench on most other BE teams. Don't mean to sound like a dick to the Deamons fans but that is just what I see. If Laetto is going to turn things around, he has to do so on the recruiting trail first.

Marq. is going to light the scoreboard on fire this year...both sides of it unfortunately. Wojo was such a junk yard dog type of player at Duke but his players don't reflect that. It's tough to win against a team as mentally and physically strong as X if you cannot match the intensity for 40. But a good effort.

X just knows how to play together. They show what experience gives you in a tight game. 80-80 tie. Then X executes offensively and tightens defensively. Hit FT's. Game over. Veteran leadership. They are going to be a really tough out.
Go Nova!
GumbyDamnit!

Previous

Return to Big East basketball message board