(3) Wednesday Big East Conference Games 12/27/17

The home for Big East hoops

Re: (3) Wednesday Big East Conference Games 12/27/17

Postby X Factor » Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:51 pm

X took Marquette's best shot on the road. X made enough plays in the second half to get out of there with a win. Great FT shooting team helps ice games late.

Rowsey and Howard are so hard to contain. It's almost impossible. Just have to hope they miss a few.
X Factor

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby DanofXav76 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:55 pm

MarquetteRustler wrote:Why is the biggest asshat in the conference getting all the calls tonight?

Nothing like getting "homered" on your own home court eh Rustler?
DanofXav76

Postby Xudash » Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:59 pm

X Factor wrote:X took Marquette's best shot on the road. X made enough plays in the second half to get out of there with a win. Great FT shooting team helps ice games late.

Rowsey and Howard are so hard to contain. It's almost impossible. Just have to hope they miss a few.

What a game!

Rowsey is nuts - some of those made 3's were insane.

JP's block was clean and a thing of beauty. It turned the game; X brought it home from that point.
Last edited by Xudash on Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
XAVIER
Xudash

Postby BEXU » Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:00 pm

The game was over after the Asshat's block. :twisted:
BEXU

Postby JayPak » Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:21 pm

Row set was a ball hog the last two minutes, with great shooters Hauser and Howard available but ignored. It cost Marquette.
"When you lose a program like Creighton, there's no sugarcoating it," Valley Commissioner Doug Elgin said. "It's a devastating loss. They're going to go on and have success in the league they've joined." Yahoo Sports, October 10, 2013.
JayPak

Postby muskeagle » Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:26 am

Not defending Macura's brand of asshattedness....but having a Marquette fan complain about him is a little pot calling the kettle black. I mean, Rowsey is a good player and he played his ass off tonight. But man, he is easily as hateable as Macura. Just sayin'. Damn though...what a game. Marquette came to play! Impressive performance.
muskeagle

Postby XUFan09 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:38 am

muskeagle wrote:Not defending Macura's brand of asshattedness....but having a Marquette fan complain about him is a little pot calling the kettle black. I mean, Rowsey is a good player and he played his ass off tonight. But man, he is easily as hateable as Macura. Just sayin'. Damn though...what a game. Marquette came to play! Impressive performance.

Yeah, I remember thinking that Macura found a formidable opponent in terms of antagonism as I watched them jawing and shoving one another and heard stories of Rowsey chattering at multiple people on the Xavier bench. Rowsey is trying to get under his opponents' skin, just like Macura. Own it; he's your asshole.
Gangsters in the locker room
XUFan09

Postby Irishdawg » Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:50 am

XUFan09 wrote:
muskeagle wrote:Not defending Macura's brand of asshattedness....but having a Marquette fan complain about him is a little pot calling the kettle black. I mean, Rowsey is a good player and he played his ass off tonight. But man, he is easily as hateable as Macura. Just sayin'. Damn though...what a game. Marquette came to play! Impressive performance.

Yeah, I remember thinking that Macura found a formidable opponent in terms of antagonism as I watched them jawing and shoving one another and heard stories of Rowsey chattering at multiple people on the Xavier bench. Rowsey is trying to get under his opponents' skin, just like Macura. Own it; he's your asshole.

Butler's got Paul Jorgensen too - not nearly as skilled as Rowsey or Macura, but is definitely a talker. Has been T'd up once this season already (for talking trash after a shot that someone else made) and got told by Mike Roberts to "knock it off" during the Butler-Georgetown game last night.
Irishdawg

Postby Toronto Rapture » Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:28 am

Georgetown should have had that game (just like the Cuse game). The basket on an offensive rebound at the end of regulation by Butler was frustrating.
"...Bull doggin'...like them Georgetown Hoyas..." Big Boi from Outkast
Toronto Rapture

Postby GoldenWarrior11 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:11 am

Great win by X at Marquette last night. They simply made more plays down the stretch than we did, and the team that deserved to win did. The missed layup by Howard, which then turned into a loose ball under the basket and into a corner 3, was a 5-point swing. It was a backbreaker. With Heldt/Anim going scoreless, MU had two starters that ended with a goose egg. We got carried by Rowsey and Cain, but Howard had a pretty bad night. I suspect that Howard will single-handedly win us one tough BE conference game, but it should balance out.

The consistent lack of defense by MU is troubling to say the least. I fear not having a legitimate inside post defense presence may be the difference between a tournament and NIT birth this year. But there's plenty of basketball left to play.
GoldenWarrior11

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board