This Year So Far

The home for Big East hoops

Re: This Year So Far

Postby milksteak » Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:58 am

ThrowDownDBrown wrote:
Jet915 wrote:Nova is just dominating again. I see them probably going 16-2 at this point at worst. X is a distant second.

We'll see. Nova has only played one decent team on the road so far in conference and they lost.

I’m a Butler fan, and I don’t this is a fair statement at all. We played stupidly well that game. Like, I haven’t seen a performance like that out of Butler in a long freakin’ time.
"I am a penned-up, leashed dog right now, and I can't wait to get started for Butler University."
- Barry Collier, August 1, 2006
milksteak

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby GumbyDamnit! » Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:47 pm

16-2?

9 of the next 11 Nova games will be vs. RPI top 50 with 5 of those being on the road. I think only 1 loss out of that murderers row is a tough ask. But Nova has never dropped more than 2 away games in conference in any of their last 4 seasons. I predict at least another away loss and I suspect someone is going to get them at home this year. Betting man, set the line at 2.5 more losses in conference.

So the more intriguing question is can X finish with just 3 or 4 losses and win this league away from Nova? They've got Nova at home and have already played @PC, @SHU, @Nova and @Marq. If they can beat VU and hold serve the rest of the way at home, then split with CU and BU on the road (will be tough) they have a good shot at finishing with 3/4 losses and taking the crown if Nova slips up. Def. still well within reach.
Go Nova!
GumbyDamnit!

Postby DudeAnon » Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:20 pm

GumbyDamnit! wrote:16-2?

9 of the next 11 Nova games will be vs. RPI top 50 with 5 of those being on the road. I think only 1 loss out of that murderers row is a tough ask. But Nova has never dropped more than 2 away games in conference in any of their last 4 seasons. I predict at least another away loss and I suspect someone is going to get them at home this year. Betting man, set the line at 2.5 more losses in conference.

So the more intriguing question is can X finish with just 3 or 4 losses and win this league away from Nova? They've got Nova at home and have already played @PC, @SHU, @Nova and @Marq. If they can beat VU and hold serve the rest of the way at home, then split with CU and BU on the road (will be tough) they have a good shot at finishing with 3/4 losses and taking the crown if Nova slips up. Def. still well within reach.

Its so funny, because I watch Nova and I think, surely somebody can beat them. Then they curbstomp almost every opponent so easily. I think what gets forgotten about Nova is how good their defense is. If you are lucky enough to stop their offense then you have to be double lucky to penetrate their defense. That being said, I truly believe the middle of the Big East is the best it has ever been. So I see at least 2 more losses coming, and I wouldn't be surprised to see more. But those losses would be to good tournament caliber teams, so it can only help them for March.

I don't see Xavier taking the league title. Just too unreliable. We will finish second, but Nova will win the league for a 5th year in a row.
Xavier

2018 Big East Champs
DudeAnon

Postby gtmoBlue » Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:10 pm

Nova is a quality, high-speed, Japanese bullet train. They may lose a couple more games, but roll on. The only thing that may derail them is internal discord or injury. Good luck with that.
"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." - Mahatma Gandhi
"Top tier teams rarely have true "down" years and find a way to stay relevant every year." - Adoraz

Creighton
gtmoBlue

Postby gtmoBlue » Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:37 pm

"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." - Mahatma Gandhi
"Top tier teams rarely have true "down" years and find a way to stay relevant every year." - Adoraz

Creighton
gtmoBlue

Postby jfan » Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:43 pm

gtmoBlue wrote:Nova is a quality, high-speed, Japanese bullet train. They may lose a couple more games, but roll on. The only thing that may derail them is internal discord or injury. Good luck with that.
I don't know, if Jay's hair ever gets mussed up on the sidelines, his team might panic and fall into complete disarray.
CREIGHTON
jfan

Postby Novachap » Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:57 pm

jfan wrote:
gtmoBlue wrote:Nova is a quality, high-speed, Japanese bullet train. They may lose a couple more games, but roll on. The only thing that may derail them is internal discord or injury. Good luck with that.
I don't know, if Jay's hair ever gets mussed up on the sidelines, his team might panic and fall into complete disarray.

Not a chance---- Jay's hair getting mussed up that is!
Novachap

Re: this year so far

Postby CoachK » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:04 pm

ThrowDownDBrown wrote:
MullinMayhem wrote:SJ projected to go 8-10 in conference? This is a very tough conference, but I think SJ can be as good as 11-7 if we avoid the injury bug which already cost us the game against ASU. I think we can steal some from SHU, X, Nova. We are due for a few of these.

St John's isn't winning 11 conference games.

This might be the prediction of the year !!
CoachK

Postby GumbyDamnit! » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:17 pm

gtmoBlue wrote:New Bluenotes Short Riff...

https://bluenotes2.com/in-the-paint-posts/

Good read Gtmo. And the prospects of me landing an Arab wife improved greatly with the visit to your blog. ;)
Go Nova!
GumbyDamnit!

Postby MackNova » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:53 pm

I'm looking forward to Villanova playing some of the best Big East teams on the road. As long as everyone stays healthy, Villanova is clearly a step above the rest of the league again, but that doesn't mean Creighton, Xavier, Providence, Seton Hall or Marquette can't knock them off on the road. Villanova is good enough to beat all those teams in their buildings, but all of those teams could definitely step up and win, too.
MackNova

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board