(8) Saturday. Big East Games 12/9/17

The home for Big East hoops

Re: (8) Saturday. Big East Games 12/9/17

Postby billyjack » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:28 am

If there's any positive development for PC coming out of their sucky weekend, it could be this:

Boston College and Washington beat Duke and Kansas. If BC and UW continue to play well, these 2 Friar wins could look great in March (whereas a week ago, both wins looked unimportant).

Of course, i will now have to root big for Benedict Arnold, so that sucks.
Providence
billyjack

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby milksteak » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:35 am

ecasadoSBU wrote:
MullinMayhem wrote:I had reservations about PC early on. Really not trying to pile on here, but they were my pick for most overrated. I thought we were the most underrated and it's looking like both might end up true. There were people saying PC would be in the top 25 not long ago. Again, good program but not that great this year.

I still have my doubts about the Johnies. I'm hoping they prove me wrong early in the BE season. I really hope they safely make it to the NCAA

They'll be tested pretty early on:

12/28 vs. Providence
12/31 @ Seton Hall
1/3 @ Creighton

Yeesh.
"I am a penned-up, leashed dog right now, and I can't wait to get started for Butler University."
- Barry Collier, August 1, 2006
milksteak

Postby MullinMayhem » Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:59 am

stever20 wrote:actually looking at KP-
St John's has only moved up from 51 to 49.

Xavier has moved up from preseason 26 to 11.
Seton Hall from 28 to 15
so think those 2 were the most underrated...

for overrated- yes Providence- they've gone from 25 to 55.

I mean underrated based on pre-season expectations on this board. I think SJ was a near unanimous pick for 8th and they look like they can definitely be top 5. If we beat #13 Butler with a bad team last year, I'd expect to beat our share of ranked opponents this year. I think we can take 1 from SHU and take 1 or 2 from X and Nova. We haven't beaten Nova in forever...we are due. Won't be easy at all but we need signature wins badly.
MullinMayhem

Postby stever20 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:06 am

MullinMayhem wrote:
stever20 wrote:actually looking at KP-
St John's has only moved up from 51 to 49.

Xavier has moved up from preseason 26 to 11.
Seton Hall from 28 to 15
so think those 2 were the most underrated...

for overrated- yes Providence- they've gone from 25 to 55.

I mean underrated based on pre-season expectations on this board. I think SJ was a near unanimous pick for 8th and they look like they can definitely be top 5. If we beat #13 Butler with a bad team last year, I'd expect to beat our share of ranked opponents this year. I think we can take 1 from SHU and take 1 or 2 from X and Nova. We haven't beaten Nova in forever...we are due. Won't be easy at all but we need signature wins badly.

We'll find out a lot about St John's really early in the conference season. Providence 1st game at home followed by games at Seton Hall and Creighton. Then after DePaul and Georgetown games with Nova and at Xavier.
stever20

Previous

Return to Big East basketball message board