(5) Tues BE Games - December 5th 2017...

The home for Big East hoops

Re: (5) Tues BE Games - December 5th 2017...

Postby handdownmandown » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:24 am

I added up our expected outcomes from last night as predicted by RPIForecast. If you factored everything based on our percentage chance of winning, the average outcome on the night was 3.6 wins.

I think the best we have done statistically in the non-con was 29 losses as a group; RPIForecast had us at 26 before last night. I wouldn't be surprised at us winding up in the 2 hole overall as a conference, and with those extra wins making everyone's résumés a little better (thereby making in-conference wins more attractive), it's more likely that we sneak an additional team in. A good night for Marquette, Butler and St. John's, because not only did they win, they helped each other collectively as well.
handdownmandown

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby XU Pride » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:26 am

stever20 wrote:Nova with probably the best win of the OOC so far I think. Yeah better than Cincy or Baylor or Louisville.

I got a chuckle out of this. Do you realize that the top two wins for Cincinnati and Wichita St. (Tied for 1st) are Buffalo and Baylor. Yet you continue to troll this board with your thoughts of what the best OOC win is right now for the BE. If the Baylor victory wasn't impressive for the BE, then your top two teams have no impressive OOC wins as of today based on your judgment of impressive wins.
XU Pride

Postby stever20 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:58 am

XU Pride wrote:
stever20 wrote:Nova with probably the best win of the OOC so far I think. Yeah better than Cincy or Baylor or Louisville.

I got a chuckle out of this. Do you realize that the top two wins for Cincinnati and Wichita St. (Tied for 1st) are Buffalo and Baylor. Yet you continue to troll this board with your thoughts of what the best OOC win is right now for the BE. If the Baylor victory wasn't impressive for the BE, then your top two teams have no impressive OOC wins as of today based on your judgment of impressive wins.

Cincy's best win right now is #99 KP Wyoming
Wichita's best win right now is #24 KP Baylor. You take that away and it's Marquette at #63.
And the rest still have wins over Arizona, USC, Clemson, Auburn, Arkansas, and Alabama.

There's no doubt both still have work to do.

but there you go comparing to the AAC.....

look at the other P conferences.....
Kansas has wins over Kentucky and Syracuse already, West Virginia has wins over Virginia and Missouri already, TCU has win over SMU already.
Duke has wins themselves over Mich St, Texas and Florida. UNC has wins over Arkansas and Michigan. Miami over Minnesota. Notre Dame over Wichita
Texas A&M has wins over West Virginia and USC. Florida has win over Gonzaga. Tennessee has win over Purdue, Arkansas over Oklahoma.
Michigan St has wins over UNC and Notre Dame. Purdue has wins over Arizona and Louisville(and a road at Marquette).
only one I'd say is really bad is Pac 12. Even there- Arizona over Texas A&M, Arizona St over Xavier are 2 pretty good wins....

Compared to the Big 12, ACC, SEC, and Big Ten- I wouldn't say the Big East(or the AAC) has the top notch OOC wins.
stever20

Postby handdownmandown » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:16 am

All I need to know about Stever is last week there was a guy on the AAC board who thanked him for "his good work over on Holyland".

When a rival board gives you kudos for representing, it is time to move on when that person posts anything.
handdownmandown

Postby anXUfan » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:23 am

Big East: looking good.
anXUfan

Postby Irishdawg » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:53 am

XU Pride wrote:

Stever knows they don't need impressive wins. Good records will get them everything they want. The Big East is wrong for beating good teams and expecting it to help their seed lines in March.

He's just a troll, but an effective one. He gets us talking about the AAC way more than we would if he wasn't on this board.
Irishdawg

Postby ecasadoSBU » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:00 am

Guys. Stop feeding the troll. If you don't like him then why the heck initiate discussions with him?

LET..... HIM.... DIE....

Stop acknowledging this freaking guy. It drives me nuts that almost every post mentions Stever
Stony Brook Red, Connecticut Blue, and Big East basketball!
ecasadoSBU

Previous

Return to Big East basketball message board