Macura

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Macura

Postby GumbyDamnit! » Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:53 am

billyjack wrote:Butler i guess might possibly be the widowed great aunt (named Ethel, Bertha or Blanche) who married one of your grandfather's seven still-skirt-chasing brothers, who visits at Thanksgiving and sits judging at the dinner table, who wears clouds of way too much perfume, who shakes her head mortified as the loud several younger generations of kids forget to say grace, tell tasteless fart jokes or jokes about women, have way too much egg nog and hard cider, use their hands to grab extra slices of turkey and rip pieces of bread off the loaf instead of using a cutting knife, that sort of thing. Among others, this includes your 93 year old St John's great uncle who is carrying a piece in his belt and still wears a fedora and who loudly describes the night he once spent with "two long-legged Rockettes" in 1952, and your Marquette cousin who asks you to pull his finger and farts, and your Seton Hall single aunt who snaps gum and is with her 5th different boyfriend in the last month (a guy from Chechnya), and your yuppie Villanova uncle in his v-neck sweater with his Joanne Kearns looking wife and their perfect children who aren't allowed to drink soda. But mid-meal she (great aunt Bertha) does sip some creme-de-menthe and eventually lightens up. Just joking of course. Also, this doesn't represent every Thanksgiving of mine growing up. It does not.

BJack you were on a roll...why stop there?

So far:

Butler = Aunt Bertha who gets off her high horse after a few creme de menthes and release of gas
Marquette = the juvenile finger puller
SJU = old gun toting curmudgeon
Seton Hall - gum snapping spinster
Nova = Yuppie LL Bean family

You've GOT to finish the job of this BE Thanksgiving table analogy.

Friars =
Creighton =
G'town =
X =
DePaul =
Go Nova!
GumbyDamnit!

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby kmacker69 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:55 am

DanofXav76 wrote:
billyjack wrote:Butler i guess might possibly be the widowed great aunt (named Ethel, Bertha or Blanche) who married one of your grandfather's seven still-skirt-chasing brothers, who visits at Thanksgiving and sits judging at the dinner table, who wears clouds of way too much perfume, who shakes her head mortified as the loud several younger generations of kids forget to say grace, tell tasteless fart jokes or jokes about women, have way too much egg nog and hard cider, use their hands to grab extra slices of turkey and rip pieces of bread off the loaf instead of using a cutting knife, that sort of thing. Among others, this includes your 93 year old St John's great uncle who is carrying a piece in his belt and still wears a fedora and who loudly describes the night he once spent with "two long-legged Rockettes" in 1952, and your Marquette cousin who asks you to pull his finger and farts, and your Seton Hall single aunt who snaps gum and is with her 5th different boyfriend in the last month (a guy from Chechnya), and your yuppie Villanova uncle in his v-neck sweater with his Joanne Kearns looking wife and their perfect children who aren't allowed to drink soda. But mid-meal she (great aunt Bertha) does sip some creme-de-menthe and eventually lightens up. Just joking of course. Also, this doesn't represent every Thanksgiving of mine growing up. It does not.

Best laugh of the day right here Billy Jack with no possibilities for a close second. Leave it to our wise moderator to put this silliness in its proper perspective. With that this one tin soldier rides away (until the next time) and now back to the games. Let's Go 5-0 tonight!

I'll give you second for the reference that most might have missed due to age! ;) Classic!
Lets go Dawgs!
kmacker69

Postby Xudash » Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:55 am

Post of the year!
XAVIER
Xudash

Postby DanofXav76 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:03 am

kmacker69 wrote:
DanofXav76 wrote:

Best laugh of the day right here Billy Jack with no possibilities for a close second. Leave it to our wise moderator to put this silliness in its proper perspective. With that this one tin soldier rides away (until the next time) and now back to the games. Let's Go 5-0 tonight!

I'll give you second for the reference that most might have missed due to age! ;) Classic!

Thank you Kmack, my new best Butler buddy. Guilty as charged.
DanofXav76

Postby DudeAnon » Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:21 am

It should be noted that there are effectively 0 people who believe Butler is a better program than Xavier. Anyone think Butler was team #1 when the C7 decided to expand? They are a good program, and they had 2 great years with Brad Stevens. But they have peaked, and Xavier still has ambitions to be a national power whereas Butler is content to the the cute little novelty act. Anyone disagreeing here?
Xavier

2018 Big East Champs
DudeAnon

Postby Irishdawg » Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:28 am

I'll take 100 JP Macuras over anyone like Grayson Allen. Guy owns the villain role with joy and doesn't make dirty plays that could potentially hurt his opponents on the court. Plus, it makes it more fun when Butler does happen to beat Xavier, because it's always more fun to beat a guy who is willing to shove your face in the fact that he's beating you.
Irishdawg

Postby Irishdawg » Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:43 am

DudeAnon wrote:It should be noted that there are effectively 0 people who believe Butler is a better program than Xavier. Anyone think Butler was team #1 when the C7 decided to expand? They are a good program, and they had 2 great years with Brad Stevens. But they have peaked, and Xavier still has ambitions to be a national power whereas Butler is content to the the cute little novelty act. Anyone disagreeing here?

Yes, I disagree. Have they peaked in terms of on the court performance? Absolutely. You can't go how much further then getting to the national title game two years in a row. However, they are nowhere near where they can be as a program, when you factor in things like coaching stability, and the level of recruits that they bring into the program on a consistent basis. Just my opinion.

Plus, if Butler were satisfied with being the cute little novelty act, they wouldn't have come to the Big East, they wouldn't be selling alcohol at Hinkle, Etc.
Irishdawg

Postby Hall2012 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:04 am

My goodness, how is this a 4 page thread?
Seton Hall Pirates
Big East Tournament Champions: 1991, 1993, 2016
Big East Regular Season Champions: 1992, 1993, 2020
Hall2012

Postby ConnersvilleBulldog » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:23 am

Hall2012 wrote:My goodness, how is this a 4 page thread?

I'm not sure either. I mean, I think the Macura can be a jabroni sometimes - but it doesn't warrant a thread about it. Plus, I really dislike Mick Cronin - and it was hilarious to watch that tiny little troll explode after the game.

Also, as a Butler fan I try my hardest to dislike Chris Mack but I just can't. The dude's a hell of a coach and his postgame rant really KO'd Cronin and UC.
"On paper, people tell us we're nothing. But we're still playing for a national championship. We … are … still … here." - Joel Cornette
ConnersvilleBulldog

Postby DanofXav76 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:43 am

ConnersvilleBulldog wrote:
Hall2012 wrote:My goodness, how is this a 4 page thread?

I'm not sure either. I mean, I think the Macura can be a jabroni sometimes - but it doesn't warrant a thread about it. Plus, I really dislike Mick Cronin - and it was hilarious to watch that tiny little troll explode after the game.

Also, as a Butler fan I try my hardest to dislike Chris Mack but I just can't. The dude's a hell of a coach and his postgame rant really KO'd Cronin and UC.

+1 and Thank You!
DanofXav76

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board