Macura

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Macura

Postby Nildogg » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:26 pm

Classic! Zip em up gangstas!

Was this the first off season in a while without an arrest? Oh wait, I almost forgot about Tre. Did he even get suspended a single game?

True Colors. Xavier class all the way! The rat in the big suit has a big heart!
Nildogg

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby DanofXav76 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:18 pm

Nildogg wrote:Classic! Zip em up gangstas!

Was this the first off season in a while without an arrest? Oh wait, I almost forgot about Tre. Did he even get suspended a single game?

True Colors. Xavier class all the way! The rat in the big suit has a big heart!

Hey Pal take this negative stuff to the Butler Hoops forum where it belongs. Lots of classy, knowledgeable Butler posters on Holy Land here. You're not one of them.
Last edited by DanofXav76 on Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
DanofXav76

Postby XU Pride » Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:41 am

This topic is a joke. I cannot believe it is not locked. Should have a code of conduct. This Butler fan is way off base, doesn't know anything about the students or what they do to represent the university other than minor isolated issues. I root for all BE programs, except when they play Xavier. I don't take cheap shots at other kids, and yes they are kids who sometimes do irrational things and learn from their mistakes. This bull that trash talk doesn't exist is pretty funny and isn't part of the game is ridiculous. Case in point, my stepson played football for a Catholic high school, a few years ago, another Catholic school told him not to forget his tampon after a sound beating. My point, it happens everywhere, high school, college, the pros. You have to turn a deaf ear and not overreact. Do I think it is good, not necessarily. For you to act like it doesn't happen at Butler is a joke. I wish Butler well during this season, as I do for all BE programs. That is class. For coaches like Mick Cronin, who charge after a student, a grown man, that is another issue in itself. I have never seen that happen. That is the real joke! So I wash my hands of this poster and will turn a deaf ear to this drivel.
XU Pride

Postby butlerguy03 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:29 am

I'd like to think that as a fan base, Butler fans are very knowledgeable and pretty positive toward the Big East. I'm not the biggest fan of Xavier, but I will still pull for them when they play out of conference - especially against Midwestern (like Cincinnati) and Big Ten teams. Do I believe Xavier looks the other way for W's - yes. I don't think Butler is innocent of that either, it's just been more common for X than any other Big East team recently.

On a more positive light, Butler is fully embracing the Big East and now sells alcohol at Hinkle Fieldhouse!
Butler University '03
butlerguy03

Postby kmacker69 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:38 am

Yeah this one belongs on another board... :oops: I did notice that it poked a little sore spot for some of the X fans, but that's an old argument that will never be settled or not be fun! ;) :lol: On Macura, he's not my favorite player in the Big East, but I can admit that part of it is his play on the court against us and part is his antics. ;)

I did notice that a few other guys jumped right on the I hate Butler train. I've seen that one coming for a while though, since we do, as a program and a fan base, always try and show only our best face. (Sometimes even rub some of it in a few other people's faces when they have problems.) I guess I'll have to just take the high road and say sorry for the rubbing this time. I had a feeling the program was starting to rub a few other fans the wrong way with The Butler Way, or as some seem to read it: our way is the best way and yours stinks... :shock: :roll: :lol: I think the Big East as a whole does things 99% classy and right, but nice to see some love/hate starting to form across the board and not just with the old rivalries. :twisted:
Lets go Dawgs!
kmacker69

Postby DanofXav76 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:49 am

Nothing but respect here for the Butler Program and the vast majority of their passionate fans. The Bulldogs rightly have a ton to be proud of. X & Butler have, for the most part, a healthy heated rivalry that I find to be a lot of fun. I was thrilled you guys beat the Buckeyes. I know that had to be extra sweet.
DanofXav76

Postby billyjack » Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:05 am

Butler i guess might possibly be the widowed great aunt (named Ethel, Bertha or Blanche) who married one of your grandfather's seven still-skirt-chasing brothers, who visits at Thanksgiving and sits judging at the dinner table, who wears clouds of way too much perfume, who shakes her head mortified as the loud several younger generations of kids forget to say grace, tell tasteless fart jokes or jokes about women, have way too much egg nog and hard cider, use their hands to grab extra slices of turkey and rip pieces of bread off the loaf instead of using a cutting knife, that sort of thing. Among others, this includes your 93 year old St John's great uncle who is carrying a piece in his belt and still wears a fedora and who loudly describes the night he once spent with "two long-legged Rockettes" in 1952, and your Marquette cousin who asks you to pull his finger and farts, and your Seton Hall single aunt who snaps gum and is with her 5th different boyfriend in the last month (a guy from Chechnya), and your yuppie Villanova uncle in his v-neck sweater with his Joanne Kearns looking wife and their perfect children who aren't allowed to drink soda. But mid-meal she (great aunt Bertha) does sip some creme-de-menthe and eventually lightens up. Just joking of course. Also, this doesn't represent every Thanksgiving of mine growing up. It does not.
Providence
billyjack

Postby D West » Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:22 am

Will always remember JP shoving that one last dunk up Butler's ass at Butler to end the game. I guess you are not over that yet? Stay classy, Butler!
D West

Postby DudeAnon » Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:35 am

Xavier

2018 Big East Champs
DudeAnon

Postby DanofXav76 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:43 am

billyjack wrote:Butler i guess might possibly be the widowed great aunt (named Ethel, Bertha or Blanche) who married one of your grandfather's seven still-skirt-chasing brothers, who visits at Thanksgiving and sits judging at the dinner table, who wears clouds of way too much perfume, who shakes her head mortified as the loud several younger generations of kids forget to say grace, tell tasteless fart jokes or jokes about women, have way too much egg nog and hard cider, use their hands to grab extra slices of turkey and rip pieces of bread off the loaf instead of using a cutting knife, that sort of thing. Among others, this includes your 93 year old St John's great uncle who is carrying a piece in his belt and still wears a fedora and who loudly describes the night he once spent with "two long-legged Rockettes" in 1952, and your Marquette cousin who asks you to pull his finger and farts, and your Seton Hall single aunt who snaps gum and is with her 5th different boyfriend in the last month (a guy from Chechnya), and your yuppie Villanova uncle in his v-neck sweater with his Joanne Kearns looking wife and their perfect children who aren't allowed to drink soda. But mid-meal she (great aunt Bertha) does sip some creme-de-menthe and eventually lightens up. Just joking of course. Also, this doesn't represent every Thanksgiving of mine growing up. It does not.

Best laugh of the day right here Billy Jack with no possibilities for a close second. Leave it to our wise moderator to put this silliness in its proper perspective. With that this one tin soldier rides away (until the next time) and now back to the games. Let's Go 5-0 tonight!
DanofXav76

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board