X and Butler

The home for Big East hoops

Re: X and Butler

Postby cm5yz6 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:47 am

classof29 wrote:
yorost wrote:I don't know why this sounds harsh or negative to anyone. If the group knows they are leaving and wanted to discuss upcoming plans, why wouldn't Butler and Xavier just excuse themselves? Doesn't do anyone a bit of good for them to hang around if everyone knows they're gone.

video from the meeting?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIdUlp3QAsk

hilarious
cm5yz6

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby yorost » Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:59 am

Brian Snow @BSnowScout

Spoke to a coach of one of Butler's Olympic sports, their travel budget is tripled for next yr. That is effect of Big East TV deal

https://twitter.com/BSnowScout
yorost

Postby xu95 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:01 pm

Some guy from the Chicago Tribune tweeted that the league was discussing an increased exit fee. Hopefully Dayton, Richmond, and St. Louis are all smart enough to vote no.
xu95

Postby BillEsq » Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:08 pm

A-10 commissioner was on the half-time show of the SLU game... no questions about realignment....

nothing to see here folks... please keep moving.... :arrow:
BillEsq

Postby Noonzy » Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:59 pm

Interesting to say the least. If the vote to increase exit fees in the A-10 do in fact rise, then it may change the time table for more schools to join for next year.
Providence College
Noonzy

Postby PMThor » Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:38 pm

BillEsq wrote:A-10 commissioner was on the half-time show of the SLU game... no questions about realignment....

nothing to see here folks... please keep moving.... :arrow:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDAmPIq29ro
Always remember that you are unique; just like everyone else
PMThor

Postby BillEsq » Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:52 pm

xu95 wrote:Some guy from the Chicago Tribune tweeted that the league was discussing an increased exit fee. Hopefully Dayton, Richmond, and St. Louis are all smart enough to vote no.

They actually did the exact same thing last year after Temple and Charlotte made there intentions known...

hmmm a chance to toot my own horn... but called it...

Re: Poll: How many teams should we have?

Postby BillEsq » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:16 pm
the other thing hurting the starting at 10 and moving to 12 is that it puts the two other schools at a serious disadvantage. Most leagues once they get raided tend to crank up the exit fees. The A-ten did it last year. If the A-10 loses 3 members and looks like its going to get raided for another 2 and maybe others it will crank up the fees again. While the C7 know this they also know that can't be bringing in teams that are at a serious financial disadvantage and expect them to compete, and they need teams to compete to stay at an elite level. In a vacuum a gradual increase might work but in the reality that is realignment its not really feasible for what they are trying to do.
BillEsq

Postby Masterofreality » Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:54 pm

BillEsq wrote:Tough to say whats going on...

All we have is a Thamel quote and the A-10 has a history of being kind to departing members. The question would be was Charlote and Temple still at the meetings, and what were these meetings even about? I don't see the A-10 forcefully removing them. The Butler and Xavier boards are pretty quiet about this besides retweeting Thamel, you would think someone would know something.

You should check out xavierhoops.com

We've been talking about this all day. Better sources on that site.
Masterofreality

Postby BillEsq » Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:58 pm

Masterofreality wrote:
BillEsq wrote:Tough to say whats going on...

All we have is a Thamel quote and the A-10 has a history of being kind to departing members. The question would be was Charlote and Temple still at the meetings, and what were these meetings even about? I don't see the A-10 forcefully removing them. The Butler and Xavier boards are pretty quiet about this besides retweeting Thamel, you would think someone would know something.

You should check out xavierhoops.com

We've been talking about this all day. Better sources on that site.

I did earlier... wasn't too much then again maybe people were still attempting to do work.... but i did find a X-blog out there that said explained everything that was happening today (it was written yesterday) so... i do thank you Xers. In full disclosure I cited in one of these posts that blog.
BillEsq

Previous

Return to Big East basketball message board