X and Butler

The home for Big East hoops

X and Butler

Postby classof29 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:03 am

Have left the A-10 according to Pete Thamel...

Presidents and athletic officials at Xavier and Butler left A-10 meetings this am. No announcement expected, but they are gone.

To clarify on Xavier and Butler: Schools officials physically got up and left the A-10 meetings this morning.
Providence College
classof29

X and Butler

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: X and Butler

Postby cm5yz6 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:12 am

Hopefully they were polite about it. Seems harsh.
cm5yz6

Postby classof29 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:14 am

I thought they would wait until the end of the A-10 tournament.

Maybe they were asked to leave?
Providence College
classof29

Postby BillEsq » Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:15 am

Tough to say whats going on...

All we have is a Thamel quote and the A-10 has a history of being kind to departing members. The question would be was Charlote and Temple still at the meetings, and what were these meetings even about? I don't see the A-10 forcefully removing them. The Butler and Xavier boards are pretty quiet about this besides retweeting Thamel, you would think someone would know something.
BillEsq

Postby BillEsq » Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:16 am

classof29 wrote:I thought they would wait until the end of the A-10 tournament.

Maybe they were asked to leave?

I don't know the A-10 didn't ask Temple and Charlote to leave last year to my knowledge.
BillEsq

Postby Jays Golfer » Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:21 am

Bathroom Break...?
Jays Golfer

Postby yorost » Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:27 am

I don't know why this sounds harsh or negative to anyone. If the group knows they are leaving and wanted to discuss upcoming plans, why wouldn't Butler and Xavier just excuse themselves? Doesn't do anyone a bit of good for them to hang around if everyone knows they're gone.
yorost

Postby BillEsq » Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:33 am

yorost wrote:I don't know why this sounds harsh or negative to anyone. If the group knows they are leaving and wanted to discuss upcoming plans, why wouldn't Butler and Xavier just excuse themselves? Doesn't do anyone a bit of good for them to hang around if everyone knows they're gone.

I think your right yorost i did some research and this meeting was a meeting of presidents in the A-10 to shore up commitments to the league...

http://cincinnati.com/blogs/xavier/2012 ... s-to-meet/

From what i read it looks like the A-10 is giving up on Butler and Xavier and is trying to plead case with St. Louis-Dayton-Richmond- The A-10 has a hard choice it needs to appease whatever schools it is left with... It may also be trying to flush out which of the named schools are the 2/3 leaving. All logical and wise decisions by the A-10 which needs to determine what direction it needs to go next year. IE if Slu stays does it move out west and grab Detroit, Valpo- Loyola or if Richmond remains does it raid the Colonial. And if Dayton stays etc...

I think this meeting was prearranged and we have learned nothing from it other than X and Butler are probably going to the Big East.
BillEsq

Postby classof29 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:44 am

yorost wrote:I don't know why this sounds harsh or negative to anyone. If the group knows they are leaving and wanted to discuss upcoming plans, why wouldn't Butler and Xavier just excuse themselves? Doesn't do anyone a bit of good for them to hang around if everyone knows they're gone.

video from the meeting?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIdUlp3QAsk
Providence College
classof29

Postby Hoops » Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:59 am

Bromance... Both had to use the restroom at the same time and left together, very common among women - coincidence?
Hoops

Next

Return to Big East basketball message board