(3) BE Games - Wed Nov 29th 2017...

The home for Big East hoops

Re: (3) BE Games - Wed Nov 29th 2017...

Postby billyjack » Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:17 pm

gosports1 wrote:I didn't see PC game. did they play poorly? a win is a win but close call against a Rider team predicted to be at bottom of the MAAC

PC was up 14 late 1st, 10 at half.
Rider went on quick run early 2nd, and game was nip tuck in range of Rider by 1 to Friars by 5.
Rider hit a ton of threes. Missed a potential tying 3 with 12 seconds left.
Man, stressful game!
Providence
billyjack

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby MullinMayhem » Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:39 am

I wouldn't read too much into it. Marist tied the game against (then) #23 WVU in the Advocare Tourney and took them right down to the wire. Marist is awful...maybe 315th in the country? That's a bottom of the MAAC team consistently and WVU squeaked by but they have been just fine since. Every so often even the better teams are going to have the little guys playing miracle ball hitting 3 after 3 keeping it close. Honestly I said before the season that I felt PC would make the tourney and be good, but I do think they were a bit overrated in the early polls. They are good but some were talking about them being a darkhorse to dethrone Nova or be better than Seton Hall which I have a hard time believing. If they had Dunn and Bentil still, those would be totally legitimate predictions. Right now, Nova, Xavier, Seton Hall, and Creighton are our clear-cut top 4. PC is probably at 5 but they will be battling SJ all season for that spot. Marquette and Butler can go either way but don't seem as powerful as last season. No clue on G'Town as they've only played 300+ type teams so far...I will wait to see them against real competition. DePaul is still DePaul but probably better than last year.
MullinMayhem

Previous

Return to Big East basketball message board