(2) Big East Games- Tuesday 11/28

The home for Big East hoops

Re: (2) Big East Games- Tuesday 11/28

Postby billyjack » Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:23 am

Georgetown took care of business vs Maine. The Black Bears' coach is a great guy, Bob Walsh. He's just in such a tough job up in northern Maine... Orono is 2 or 3 hours beyond Portland, so tough to recruit. I'm hopjng he can turn things around this year.
Providence
billyjack

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby stever20 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:48 am

BEXU wrote:
stever20 wrote:really important game for Xavier I think. Think it's really important for X to win 1 of these 2 this week. Lose both and looking at best win in the OOC being against a very questionable Wisconsin team.

Sorry stever, An early season win at the Kohl Center and a beat down of the # 16 Bears will not go unnoticed in march.

With what Wisconsin has looked like so far, having something besides that I think is really important. I don't think you can say for sure that Wisconsin is going to be this move the needle end of the year team- even away. If they lose 1 more OOC game, they may need 11 big ten wins to get in the tourney even. They lose to both Temple and Marquette- and their best OOC win would be vs Yale. It's very possible they aren't a top 50 win end of the year.

That's why getting at least a split this week was I think crucial for Xavier. Baylor is projected to finish with 19 d1 wins- so RPI of around 30. Cincy is projected to finish 25-6- with RPI of 23. Those 2 you feel much more confident about being there end of the season than you are Wisconsin right now.
stever20

Postby gtmoBlue » Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:18 pm

Way to win X. Making me a believer...
"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." - Mahatma Gandhi
"Top tier teams rarely have true "down" years and find a way to stay relevant every year." - Adoraz

Creighton
gtmoBlue

Postby hoyahooligan » Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:34 pm

billyjack wrote:Georgetown took care of business vs Maine. The Black Bears' coach is a great guy, Bob Walsh. He's just in such a tough job up in northern Maine... Orono is 2 or 3 hours beyond Portland, so tough to recruit. I'm hopjng he can turn things around this year.

Took care of business in a completely unsatisfactory and uninspiring fashion.

Team clearly going through the motions. We really need to do a better job staying engaged against these over matched teams since we play so many of them.
hoyahooligan

Previous

Return to Big East basketball message board