(1) BE Game - Monday Nov 27th...

The home for Big East hoops

Re: (1) BE Game - Monday Nov 27th...

Postby billyjack » Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:02 pm

stever20 wrote:
Hall2012 wrote:People keep saying no bad losses...I know rpi is being nice to them this early in the year but that SHU loss to Rhode Island is pretty ugly.

Rhode Island should finish easily with a top 50 RPI. According to RPI forecast(it's early but still)- they would need to finish 18-11 to finish with a sub 50 RPI. They have projected a top 5 OOC SOS. Nevada, Seton Hall, Virginia, Providence, and Alabama the big names- but then also teams like UNC Asheville, Charleston, Iona, and Florida Gulf Coast- that are in the 100-150 range(with most being around 100). Only 2 bad teams- and those 2 are in the 240-270 range only so no real bad teams.

This is why labels are so stupid. no basketball person worth their salt would say that Rhode Island is anything remotely close to an ugly loss. But you think because they're in the A10 that it is.

I agree with you on Rhody. They're a great team and the Seton Hall game played like a Big East matchup. Comparing conferences rather than specific teams is done for convenience, for trendlines, etc. Also because ESPN and talking heads frame conference strength in this manner. i don't sse the big deal, nothing to get continually upset about.

Funny, on Sunday i was having pizza with my family at a local restaurant (5-10 minutes from URI) which was pretty empty, and Danny Hurley walked in to pick up an order. Of course, i had to bother him and call him over and introduce my family and congratulate him on his big win over the Hall. He was awesome, casual, really personable and friendly, a regular guy and really nice. i think he's hilarious on the sidelines and is great for the sport.
Providence
billyjack

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby BEhomer » Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:55 pm

It is no coincidence. I think the teams are playing better defense and thus no WTF loss so far. (haven't seen much of MU or Depaul but at least based on what I saw from SJU and Gtown)
BEhomer

Previous

Return to Big East basketball message board