BLACK SUNDAY for Stever

The home for Big East hoops

BLACK SUNDAY for Stever

Postby hoops22 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:13 pm

Someone better call Mrs. Stever and warn her to keep all the knives and other sharp objects, under lock and key tonight. It doesn't get much bleaker for our friend than it is right now.

First off, St John's despite playing about as embarrassing and miserable as possible, still managed to come away with a win, against an AAC team no less. Later on, I'm sure, Stever had Butler circled in for a loss before they erased a 15 point deficit with about 5 minutes to go, and beat Ohio State. With Depaul looking good against Portland, it looks like a 3-0 day. But the real misery is what happened in his beloved AAC. In addition to the St. John's loss there were ugly AAC stumbles against Georgia St. North Carolina A&T, and Eastern Michigan. Then after recently proclaiming UCONN a likely tournament team, they lost for the second time in 24 hours, this time by about 80 to Arkansas. Couldn't get any worse right? Wrong! Temple another squad he has penciled in for March, lost to La Salle. Since Stever has gleefully disparaged the A10 all year, this one had to especially hurt.

0 for 9 today, not a good day in Steverworld. A final word of warning to Mrs. Stever. If there happenes to be another day like this, later on this season be careful. I'm afraid there won't be any hope of talking him in off the window ledge should it happen again.
hoops22

BLACK SUNDAY for Stever

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: BLACK SUNDAY for Stever

Postby MullinMayhem » Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:20 am

LOL...the AAC ship definitely took on tons of water the other day. I saw the AAC boards the other day and the Wichita State fans are unbearable. I can't wait to see all of them next year when their seniors graduate and they are back to square one. Also can't wait to see Marshall offered 5 million at some huge football school.
MullinMayhem

Postby jfan » Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:28 am

MullinMayhem wrote:LOL...the AAC ship definitely took on tons of water the other day. I saw the AAC boards the other day and the Wichita State fans are unbearable. I can't wait to see all of them next year when their seniors graduate and they are back to square one. Also can't wait to see Marshall offered 5 million at some huge football school.
Yeah, we should have warned you earlier---Don't go on any board that is populated by WCC fans--you will instantly lose brain cells!!
CREIGHTON
jfan

Postby ecasadoSBU » Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:36 am

LOL.

Has anyone looked at the A-10 though? That league is 36-38 this year. That is the worst I see from them since I started following the RPI in 2010. Sad state of affairs for that league. Meawhile, it seems like the Missouri Valley is having a great year so far at least when it comes to winning percentage 36-16 69.23% WPCT outperforming the AAC which has a WPCT of 69.23% so far
Stony Brook Red, Connecticut Blue, and Big East basketball!
ecasadoSBU

Postby stever20 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:27 pm

ecasadoSBU wrote:LOL.

Has anyone looked at the A-10 though? That league is 36-38 this year. That is the worst I see from them since I started following the RPI in 2010. Sad state of affairs for that league. Meawhile, it seems like the Missouri Valley is having a great year so far at least when it comes to winning percentage 36-16 69.23% WPCT outperforming the AAC which has a WPCT of 69.23% so far

Make it 36-39 with a loss to Cornell tonight by Duquesne.

to put in context, last year the A10 after tonight was 49-39.

AAC on the other hand last year was 40-22. This year it's 48-21. So 1 fewer loss but 8 more wins.

Big East comparison FWIW- last year 45-15 this year 44-14. So if Marquette can win tonight, it'll be 1/2 game better than last year so far.
stever20

Return to Big East basketball message board