(3) Saturday Big East Games Nov, 25, 2017

The home for Big East hoops

Re: (3) Saturday Big East Games Nov, 25, 2017

Postby GumbyDamnit! » Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:34 am

Nice job PC. Although beating the original BE Fredo is always fun to see, I have to admit that the BE BB purist in me has a tiny little soft spot somewhere deep down for BC. I enjoyed the rivalry back in the day. They’ve earned their fate and their mediocrity since bolting. It truly is amazing to watch these original (or close to original) programs sputter as much as they have in the ACC. When Boheim leaves just watch the Cuse follow suit.
Go Nova!
GumbyDamnit!

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby GumbyDamnit! » Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:43 am

And I probably need to enter the HLOH confessional and admit that 5 years ago I secretly hoped Nova would find a way to get an ACC bid. Maybe move up in FB, or work with Gtown to slip in as BB only members. I wished for the best but feared the worst with the BE 2.0.

I ask for HLOH absolution because this iteration of BE hoops is perfect in so many ways. Yeah, I miss some of the rivalries. I loved a Saturday night game at the Dome or when Jay would outcoach (and outdress) Pitino. But I’m learning to appreciate more and more trips to Hinkle and C-Link or the battles with X and the resurgence of PC, SHU and SJU.

Now if only Gtown can get their act together and behave more like a true rival all would be right in the BE universe.
Go Nova!
GumbyDamnit!

Postby gosports1 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:22 am

GumbyDamnit! wrote:And I probably need to enter the HLOH confessional and admit that 5 years ago I secretly hoped Nova would find a way to get an ACC bid. Maybe move up in FB, or work with Gtown to slip in as BB only members. I wished for the best but feared the worst with the BE 2.0.

I ask for HLOH absolution because this iteration of BE hoops is perfect in so many ways. Yeah, I miss some of the rivalries. I loved a Saturday night game at the Dome or when Jay would outcoach (and outdress) Pitino. But I’m learning to appreciate more and more trips to Hinkle and C-Link or the battles with X and the resurgence of PC, SHU and SJU.

Now if only Gtown can get their act together and behave more like a true rival all would be right in the BE universe.

say 6 dave gavitts and 2 mike trangheses and you will be forgiven. :lol:
gosports1

Previous

Return to Big East basketball message board