(6) Black Friday Big East Games

The home for Big East hoops

Re: (6) Black Friday Big East Games

Postby Jet915 » Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:07 am

ecasadoSBU wrote:Geez, The past two days have killed the winning percentage. Ouch! From 83% to 75%

Yeah, last couple days have not be horrible but less then optimable outcomes. Still haven't lost any "bad" games so far, Butler almost did today...
Jet915

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby BEhomer » Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:26 am

Nova is once again proving they belong in a class by itself. they are the only team that plays defense for 40min. they may struggle on offense at times but their defense has been outstanding.

and that has been the difference for Seton Hall and Xavier. I don't think they are in mid season form in terms of intensity and focus.
BEhomer

Postby MullinMayhem » Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:20 pm

I knew SJ would lose eventually but man will we ever make any kind of run in any tournament before I die? We never do well in these in season tournaments. Never. Not sure why. Mizzou couldn't miss and owned the boards so credit them and move on. Really hope we have a bad memory because if we lose to UCF our tourney hopes may be on life support with ASU still coming up as well as Duke. Our OOC is not that hard. Any worse than 2 losses before conference play is bad for a team this talented if you want real tourney hopes.
MullinMayhem

Postby Red Rooster » Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:25 pm

MullinMayhem wrote:I knew SJ would lose eventually but man will we ever make any kind of run in any tournament before I die? We never do well in these in season tournaments. Never. Not sure why. Mizzou couldn't miss and owned the boards so credit them and move on. Really hope we have a bad memory because if we lose to UCF our tourney hopes may be on life support with ASU still coming up as well as Duke. Our OOC is not that hard. Any worse than 2 losses before conference play is bad for a team this talented if you want real tourney hopes.

Another "woe is me" post.
Red Rooster

Postby Jet915 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:39 am

MullinMayhem wrote:I knew SJ would lose eventually but man will we ever make any kind of run in any tournament before I die? We never do well in these in season tournaments. Never. Not sure why. Mizzou couldn't miss and owned the boards so credit them and move on. Really hope we have a bad memory because if we lose to UCF our tourney hopes may be on life support with ASU still coming up as well as Duke. Our OOC is not that hard. Any worse than 2 losses before conference play is bad for a team this talented if you want real tourney hopes.

I agree you need to beat UCF who is likely an NIT team. Probably gonna lose to ASU and Duke so you will have atleast 3 conference losses.
Jet915

Postby kayako » Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:40 am

BEhomer wrote:Nova is once again proving they belong in a class by itself. they are the only team that plays defense for 40min. they may struggle on offense at times but their defense has been outstanding.

and that has been the difference for Seton Hall and Xavier. I don't think they are in mid season form in terms of intensity and focus.

We've had an easy schedule, but nobody's challenging Nova as long as Brunson is around. I thought he was the best PG in the conference last season even before Watson and Sumner went down, and it's not even close this season. Nova fans should relish this while they can, as I expect a dogfight when Brunson isn't around anymore.
supernova
kayako

Postby stever20 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:45 am

kayako wrote:
BEhomer wrote:Nova is once again proving they belong in a class by itself. they are the only team that plays defense for 40min. they may struggle on offense at times but their defense has been outstanding.

We've had an easy schedule, but nobody's challenging Nova as long as Brunson is around. I thought he was the best PG in the conference last season even before Watson and Sumner went down, and it's not even close this season. Nova fans should relish this while they can, as I expect a dogfight when Brunson isn't around anymore.

Gonzaga game coming up week from Tuesday will be a really good one- not sure if anyone stayed up on Friday night- but the Gonzaga/Florida game was really good. elite 8 type of game. They'll challenge Nova for sure.
stever20

Postby gtmoBlue » Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:35 pm

The Jays get 1st crack at the Zags on the 1st of December. We will leave some beaten down leftovers for ol' Nova.

Gumby...I've heard vicious rumor that confession is good for the soul. Of course I wouldn't have any direct or 1st hand knowledge or experience in that department, being the homer I am.

Let me know how that works out. 3 Hail Marys ought to cover you. lol ;)
"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." - Mahatma Gandhi
"Top tier teams rarely have true "down" years and find a way to stay relevant every year." - Adoraz

Creighton
gtmoBlue

Previous

Return to Big East basketball message board