(6) Turkey Day Big East Games

The home for Big East hoops

Re: (6) Turkey Day Big East Games

Postby stever20 » Fri Nov 24, 2017 3:44 pm

billyjack wrote:URI scheduling the last couple of years has had a couple of stinkers.

This year they scheduled at Nevada Reno in the first week of the season. Nevada was getting AP votes, and they're a solid team. So Hurley flew his team 3000 miles (probably Providence to Chicago to Las Vegas to Reno? Or Boston to Vegas to Reno? Or Boston to SF, then bus to Reno? However they got there it had to have been a hassle) for a road game at a mid-major... a very risky game with little reward. And they lost.

Last year URI played at Valpo on a Tuesday night in early December. Another solid mid-major, very risky with little reward. Gotta fly i guess to Chicago, then take 2 hour bus ride to northern Indiana. They lost this game too.

I understand teams want to bolster non-conference but twice at least (plus at Old Dominion and at Houston) he's put his team at a huge disadvantage and came away with L's.

I think the problem for the Rams is how mediocre the A10 has gotten. I mean this year the conference is 31-31 OOC so far. They can't count on anything from the conference.

And while you may think the Nevada game would have been little reward, to the committee that would have been a huge reward.
stever20

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby FriarJ » Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:18 pm

xsteve1 wrote:Really need for other Big East teams outside of X, Butler(outside of this year) and Nova to start stepping up. C'mon Hall you were better than URI.
you were saying?
FriarJ

Postby pki1998 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:53 pm

FriarJ wrote:
xsteve1 wrote:Really need for other Big East teams outside of X, Butler(outside of this year) and Nova to start stepping up. C'mon Hall you were better than URI.
you were saying?

To my fellow Xavier Fans, only one team has earned the right to call out the rest of the league. That is Villanova. Their fans are classy enough not to do that, maybe we should take a page out of there books
Xavier
pki1998

Previous

Return to Big East basketball message board