(2) Tuesday Big East Games - Nov 21, 2017

The home for Big East hoops

Re: (2) Tuesday Big East Games - Nov 21, 2017

Postby MullinMayhem » Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:28 am

My apologies if this is a really random place to post this but it didn't really fit anywhere else. The Warriors went to practice on SJ's campus and met the players again. Amazing recruiting tool and tons of free pub!
MullinMayhem

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby DanofXav76 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:35 am

So impressed with Creighton and their three game mini run here! No shame in losing to a typical athletic, ranked Baylor squad. Now go get the Zags. Your RPI should be sparkling once the OC schedule is done. Looks like the usual grind going into Omaha again this season.
DanofXav76

Postby stever20 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:41 am

yeah Creighton seems more balanced. Marquette on the other hand....... Marquette is #16 in the country in 3 point percentage of shots taken. Of major conference teams- only Washington St takes more(unless we're going off of the RPI, where Seattle is located. Only 2 from midmajors ahead- that's Davidson at #1(they take a whopping 62.6% of their shots as 3's-by comp- Marquette is at 48.5%) and New Mexico at #13.

Creighton btw is at #109 at 40.8%. Oh, and they're not even #2 in the conference- Nova is at 45.8% of shots taken as 3's.
stever20

Postby hoyahooligan » Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:53 am

Creighton definitely choked that game away. Credit to Baylor for countering the Jay's first half strategy. Once the Jays couldn't get the ball into the middle of the zone anymore their offense ground to a halt and Creighton made no adjustment to Baylor's adjustment.

That being said I was impressed by Creighton's defense. Outside of Thomas I think of Creighton being a crappy defensive team, but they did a good job yesterday showing they do have a chance in games that aren't a shoot out.
hoyahooligan

Postby ArmyVet » Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:08 pm

hoyahooligan wrote:Creighton definitely choked that game away. Credit to Baylor for countering the Jay's first half strategy. Once the Jays couldn't get the ball into the middle of the zone anymore their offense ground to a halt and Creighton made no adjustment to Baylor's adjustment.

That being said I was impressed by Creighton's defense. Outside of Thomas I think of Creighton being a crappy defensive team, but they did a good job yesterday showing they do have a chance in games that aren't a shoot out.

I saw it a lot differently. I felt like Creighton got the ball in the paint anytime they wanted and had point blank shots at basket but just missed them.
ArmyVet

Postby Jet915 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:30 pm

ArmyVet wrote:
hoyahooligan wrote:Creighton definitely choked that game away. Credit to Baylor for countering the Jay's first half strategy. Once the Jays couldn't get the ball into the middle of the zone anymore their offense ground to a halt and Creighton made no adjustment to Baylor's adjustment.

I saw it a lot differently. I felt like Creighton got the ball in the paint anytime they wanted and had point blank shots at basket but just missed them.

Seemed like a lot of the 3's were pretty open in the second half but they just didn't go in. I wish Mac would have adjusted and maybe put in Ballock instead of Harrell who seemed tentative when he had open looks in the paint. Problem is Harrell is better defensively and can rebound. The fact that we shot 11% from 3 and were leading for like 35 minutes of the game is a good sign. Just tough to swallow given that this game was for the taking.....
Jet915

Previous

Return to Big East basketball message board