(2) Tuesday Big East Games - Nov 21, 2017

The home for Big East hoops

Re: (2) Tuesday Big East Games - Nov 21, 2017

Postby BEXU » Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:29 am

X plays the Bears @ the 'Tas in a week - hope to get double revenge for the BE and our game last year. :mrgreen:
BEXU

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby BEXU » Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:42 am

billyjack wrote:Sorry to report that just moments ago, Crawfish circled around the Holy Land toilet bowl like a dead goldfish.....no more Crawfish and no more Charles Manson. Lol...

I believe Charlie was also an AAC fan. :evil: :evil: :evil:
BEXU

Postby Red Rooster » Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:57 am

admin wrote:
billyjack wrote:Sorry to report that just moments ago, Crawfish circled around the Holy Land toilet bowl like a dead goldfish, and was deposited back in Nowhere Kansas, like John Cusack in that old Malkovich movie.

He went out in a blaze of glory, posting a half dozen unhinged and disapproved messages, which included both poop references and his Wheat Shockers.

Imagine, in the same week, no more Crawfish and no more Charles Manson. Lol...

Reading some of his posts during the Wichita- Marquette game was beyond bizzare. I'm almost sorry they never made the board.

Give the board a bit of his foolishness that didn't make it to the thread. :D
Last edited by Red Rooster on Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Red Rooster

Postby Omaha1 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:54 am

Jet915 wrote:
ecasadoSBU wrote:bad night for the B.E

Well both teams were underdogs but definitely a missed opportunity.

Felt like we had it and gave it away. Looked like some tired legs in the second half for CU. Bad night for Ronnie to get a case of the yips on bunnies in the paint.
Nebraska by birth, Creighton by choice.
Omaha1

Postby cu blujs » Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:11 am

About the only other adjustment Mac could have made was to go out there and shoot a couple of shots himself. CU got the ball where we wanted it on numerous occasions in the second half and got good shots. Ronnie Harell missed a couple of close in shots and got tentative, and the other fellas just couldn't get clean outside looks we have been hitting in the first four games. Guys got to standing around a little and I think got down when shots didn't drop. But they still played awfully good defense for most of the game and continued to battle on the boards, which was encouraging. I don't think we will shoot 11% from three ever again, and we had others miss a number of bunnies. Despite that, we were tied with the ball and 2:30 to go and missed not one but two wide open shots. We were still only down 1 with 1:30 to go and within one possession with the ball at 1:10. We had plenty of opportunities to get this game. Just one of those nights everyone decided to shoot clunkers. A couple days off and a little turkey in their bellies tomorrow and we will be good to go with a tune up Saturday and then out to Gonzaga end of next week with fresh legs.
cu blujs

Postby MullinMayhem » Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:15 am

Shout out to Creighton...lost a tough one last night but man that is a grueling 3 games in a row. 3 ranked teams back to back to back. Knocked out 2/3 and the 3rd was right there. I give you guys a lot of credit...Creighton is going to be a very tough out and no one wants to play them. X, Butler, and Creighton will go down as some of the best additions to a conference ever. Really bolstered us.
MullinMayhem

Postby DudeAnon » Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:20 am

cu blujs wrote:About the only other adjustment Mac could have made was to go out there and shoot a couple of shots himself. CU got the ball where we wanted it on numerous occasions in the second half and got good shots. Ronnie Harell missed a couple of close in shots and got tentative, and the other fellas just couldn't get clean outside looks we have been hitting in the first four games. Guys got to standing around a little and I think got down when shots didn't drop. But they still played awfully good defense for most of the game and continued to battle on the boards, which was encouraging. I don't think we will shoot 11% from three ever again, and we had others miss a number of bunnies. Despite that, we were tied with the ball and 2:30 to go and missed not one but two wide open shots. We were still only down 1 with 1:30 to go and within one possession with the ball at 1:10. We had plenty of opportunities to get this game. Just one of those nights everyone decided to shoot clunkers. A couple days off and a little turkey in their bellies tomorrow and we will be good to go with a tune up Saturday and then out to Gonzaga end of next week with fresh legs.

But you did shoot 11%, and you will have bad nights in the future against good teams. Live by the 3 and die by the 3 is not a realistic strategy for March. Why Creighton and Marquette have chosen this route is beyond me.
Xavier

2018 Big East Champs
DudeAnon

Postby gtmoBlue » Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:01 am

I lost internet connections @ score 2-5 Baylor. Woke up this AM expecting the W (shock). Read the CBS account of the game, ugh.
Expect to win 'em all, but realistically not probable. Wanted that trophy.

After readiing the accounts of play here, it seems a more clear indication of what happened.
Gotta get the Zags to move up.
Moving on.
"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." - Mahatma Gandhi
"Top tier teams rarely have true "down" years and find a way to stay relevant every year." - Adoraz

Creighton
gtmoBlue

Postby jfan » Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:07 am

BEXU wrote:
billyjack wrote:Sorry to report that just moments ago, Crawfish circled around the Holy Land toilet bowl like a dead goldfish.....no more Crawfish and no more Charles Manson. Lol...

I believe Charlie was also an AAC fan. :evil: :evil: :evil:
Well, he was a WichiTurd fan, so that makes sense. I almost feel sorry for the other fans on the AAC Board when the clowns from Wichita get going during league season---almost. As for Charlie, the world seems like a little better place now that he is gone!
Last edited by jfan on Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CREIGHTON
jfan

Postby Savannah Jay » Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:07 am

DudeAnon wrote:
cu blujs wrote:About the only other adjustment Mac could have made was to go out there and shoot a couple of shots himself. CU got the ball where we wanted it on numerous occasions in the second half and got good shots. Ronnie Harell missed a couple of close in shots and got tentative, and the other fellas just couldn't get clean outside looks we have been hitting in the first four games. Guys got to standing around a little and I think got down when shots didn't drop. But they still played awfully good defense for most of the game and continued to battle on the boards, which was encouraging. I don't think we will shoot 11% from three ever again, and we had others miss a number of bunnies. Despite that, we were tied with the ball and 2:30 to go and missed not one but two wide open shots. We were still only down 1 with 1:30 to go and within one possession with the ball at 1:10. We had plenty of opportunities to get this game. Just one of those nights everyone decided to shoot clunkers. A couple days off and a little turkey in their bellies tomorrow and we will be good to go with a tune up Saturday and then out to Gonzaga end of next week with fresh legs.

But you did shoot 11%, and you will have bad nights in the future against good teams. Live by the 3 and die by the 3 is not a realistic strategy for March. Why Creighton and Marquette have chosen this route is beyond me.

Time will tell but I am not sure it's fair to compare this team to previous editions and simply say we will live and die by the 3. We scored 92 against Northwestern and only took 16 3 pointers (out of 68 total shots). While we will still take our share of threes, we are clearly more athletic and versatile than teams in the past. We had atrocious shooting and lost to a ranked team by 6. We rebounded pretty well ( 38 - 34 in favor of BU; offensive boards we won 12-7) considering we played a team with a substantial height advantage. While most experts (and fans) were primarily concerned about our point guard situation, our three games against the ranked teams resulted in a total of 26 TOs in the 3 games against 48 assists.
Savannah Jay

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board