The JP Macura Gator Chomp... Lol...

The home for Big East hoops

Re: The JP Macura Gator Chomp... Lol...

Postby BEXU » Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:41 pm

GumbyDamnit! wrote:Fan of his play but not a fan of that behavior last night. I get that he's a kid, that it was an emotional win in a hostile environment and it's gratifying to stick it to the fans that are taunting you throughout the game. But act like you've been there before. Glad to see Mack grab him at the end and tell him to cool it.

You should probably return to your "safe space". JP played his heart out and kept us in the game for an entire half while taking crap from 17k fans. Game was a little "Chippy" at the end. Big Deal. Didn't see any mention of the disgusting chants by the announcers.

https://puplist.com/2017/11/17/jp-macur ... espect-it/
Last edited by BEXU on Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BEXU

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby paulxu » Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:01 pm

...he went up late, and I was already up there.
paulxu

Postby kayako » Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:44 pm

I am okay with taunting in-game as long as it isn't directed at other players or coaches.
supernova
kayako

Postby MarquetteRustler » Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:00 pm

What about Ethan Happ's toddler-like meltdown after he got called for that travel? 99.9% of players get T'd up for behaving like that, instead he's rewarded with bogus calls against X for the next few minutes. Just typical Kohl center bullsh--.
MarquetteRustler

Postby Bluejay » Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:13 pm

I think Macura is an a-hole. I can't stand him.

That being said, I laughed pretty hard last night when I saw the highlights and the crowd reaction.

If I'm JP, I have that picture made in a huge poster and hang it on the wall of my dorm room. When he reaches my age, he can hang it on the main wall of his man cave. :lol:
Bluejay

Postby Bluejay » Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:17 pm

To add to my previous post, one of the great things about these Gavitt Games is the geographic crossover of the two conferences. It is hard to tell who enjoyed Macura's antics last night more: X fans or Marquette fans. Similarly, I've been having a great day harassing Nebraska fans about the dunk contest that they allowed St Johns to run all over them last night. I feel like I was cheering harder for the Johnnies last night than even some SJU fans. Nothing builds conference camaraderie more!
Bluejay

Postby X-man » Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:20 pm

Bluejay wrote:I think Macura is an a-hole. I can't stand him.

That being said, I laughed pretty hard last night when I saw the highlights and the crowd reaction.

If I'm JP, I have that picture made in a huge poster and hang it on the wall of my dorm room. When he reaches my age, he can hang it on the main wall of his man cave. :lol:

I would feel the same way if he weren't on my team. But he is, and I love him. In fact, I am calling him "Gator" from now on. Those classless Wiscy students deserved having their stupid and tasteless chants thrown back in their faces.
Xavier will surprise. Never count them out of the Dance.
X-man

Postby GumbyDamnit! » Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:37 pm

BEXU wrote:
GumbyDamnit! wrote:Fan of his play but not a fan of that behavior last night. I get that he's a kid, that it was an emotional win in a hostile environment and it's gratifying to stick it to the fans that are taunting you throughout the game. But act like you've been there before. Glad to see Mack grab him at the end and tell him to cool it.

You should probably return to your "safe space".

Really? Simply because I didn't care for his acting like a dick? I like how the kid plays; thought he had a hell of a game last night. Just thought as a Sr. leader and representative of Xavier University that he could have been a bit more mature.
Go Nova!
GumbyDamnit!

Postby Xudash » Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:56 pm

Bluejay wrote:To add to my previous post, one of the great things about these Gavitt Games is the geographic crossover of the two conferences. It is hard to tell who enjoyed Macura's antics last night more: X fans or Marquette fans. Similarly, I've been having a great day harassing Nebraska fans about the dunk contest that they allowed St Johns to run all over them last night. I feel like I was cheering harder for the Johnnies last night than even some SJU fans. Nothing builds conference camaraderie more!

Great post. Very true.
XAVIER
Xudash

Postby Xudash » Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:00 pm

GumbyDamnit! wrote:
BEXU wrote:

You should probably return to your "safe space".

Really? Simply because I didn't care for his acting like a dick? I like how the kid plays; thought he had a hell of a game last night. Just thought as a Sr. leader and representative of Xavier University that he could have been a bit more mature.

I generally agree with you on this.

But I'll now contradict myself:

1. Big opponent as part of the Gavitt Games.

2. Great road venue with 17k and an obviously hostile crowd.

3. Yes, it doesn't justify a particular response, but the Whisky student section was not angelic.

4. Major, major league payback for what happened in the Tournament 2 years ago.

Was I happy that he did it, no, not really, but I laughed my ass off, and some of the faces in that Whisky student section make for priceless pictures, too.
XAVIER
Xudash

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board