(4) Wed BE Games - Nov 15th 2017...

The home for Big East hoops

Re: (4) Wed BE Games - Nov 15th 2017...

Postby GumbyDamnit! » Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:29 am

I've always enjoyed Big Mac's style of coaching up his team. Aggressive...pushing the ball up the floor...lots of movement. I like this Creighton team. If they are the 5th place team in this league, 1-4 will have a great year. This might be the year where 1-5 is within a couple games of each other--a bunch of 12-6 to 11-7 teams.

I've always thought Thomas was a baller. Love that kid's game. Hoping TH is not seriously hurt. Thinking front court depth is pretty important for this team. But great job Jays.
Go Nova!
GumbyDamnit!

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby billyjack » Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:34 am

Huge props on an important 3-1 night.

Seton Hall ground out a fantastic ballsy win while getting totally hosed by the zebras. The charge called on Carrington after he dished to the Pirate in the corner... at that point i had seen enough. I didn't watch the 2nd half out of frustration, and can't believe they overcame the B-S.

Georgetown looked great. Yeah, Mount St Mary's is weak, but the Hoyas played fast and loose and confident.

I taped but didn't watch Butler, which stayed close to Maryland... well, i saw at the end of the half a nice drive by Martin, then a beautiful running bankshot right near the buzzer.

i don't get the B1G Network, but Creighton, wow, freakin key win last night. Huge road win vs a ranked opponent. Huge for the conference.

I noticed last night that collge hoops was only found on FS1 and FS2. ESPN-U and CBS had MAC football. And Espn as The Deuce had something else.
Providence
billyjack

Postby stever20 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:08 am

saw Creighton moved up by 4 spots in KP last night up to 38 now.

Have a great shot next week to make some serious noise- 1st off vs a very mediocre UCLA team(had to go to OT to beat Central Arkanas last night), and then a great shot vs either Baylor or Wisconsin. (Baylor beat Central Arkansas btw 107-66). UCLA is big though- 7 footer, 6'11 guy, then off the bench a 6'10 and 6'9 guy. Not the team you'd want Hegner to miss.

Central Arkansas shot 18-35 from 3 last night.
stever20

Postby Red Rooster » Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:37 pm

hoyahooligan wrote:
Red Rooster wrote:Lots of traveling and I believe they start 3 freshmen. I saw a good portion of the game, and outside of their point guard, Mt. St. Mary didn't have anyone who could routinely put it on the floor. Their bigs were also stiffs.

Georgetown shot it well from deep, tonight, as well. As, far as margin was concerned, it was good for Georgetown. But, I'll still wait until I see them play someone who is even considered 'decent.' Georgetown should have no more than one loss going into conference play.

I also hope you're quick to report to the board after a loss being you like to go idle after losses or when things go south. ;)

Definitely won't be. And that's my prerogative. Don't buy into some social contract that I should have to come here and take some sort of licking if my team loses. I only like to talk about positive things. I don't feel the need to vent here if we lose. I'm sure you guys will be able to adequately rip my team in my absence. ;)

Red Rooster

Postby gtmoBlue » Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:50 pm

That is why this homer wears Creighton Blue shades. ;)
"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." - Mahatma Gandhi
"Top tier teams rarely have true "down" years and find a way to stay relevant every year." - Adoraz

Creighton
gtmoBlue

Previous

Return to Big East basketball message board