(3) Monday BE Games - Nov 13th 2017...

The home for Big East hoops

Re: (3) Monday BE Games - Nov 13th 2017...

Postby billyjack » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:45 am

Edrick wrote:At some point, Providence needs to start winning big games - which, of course, means hanging around in the Tournament more than a few hours a year too.

Lol, just beat Maryland and it's all good.
Providence
billyjack

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby billyjack » Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:23 am

Xavier again looked outstanding, vs Rider.

DePaul won by 24 vs Delaware State, and looked solid all game with good decision making, and just having a couple of semi-competent bigs (Maric, Butz, Rykschboch (sp)) has made a huge difference on the boards. Looking at trendlines, though it's only 2 game sample, DePaul looks much improved.

DePaul trendlines... so, vs Notre Dame only down 4 at the half... and vs Delaware State, a 24 point win, and they won each half by double-digits. They did this just once last year (winning each half by 10+), vs Chicago State.

Also, last year, i think DePaul had only two halftime leads of more than 3 points (had 9 pt lead at half vs Milwaukee, 38 pt lead vs Chicago State). Last year, of their 7 OOC wins, they were down at the half twice by a lot (vs Drake and vs SE Mo), and in others they struggled (vs Robert Morris).
Providence
billyjack

Postby Bill Marsh » Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:29 am

billyjack wrote:Good game vs Minn, fun to watch. Had lead in 2nd and were playing well, but had a bad stretch, some bad bounces, and couldn't stop the Gophers' offense. Saw a lot of good despite the final score.

It was fun to watch for a while, but boy, it was painful for the last 8-10 minutes. :cry:
Bill Marsh

Postby stever20 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:34 am

billyjack wrote:Xavier again looked outstanding, vs Rider.

DePaul won by 24 vs Delaware State, and looked solid all game with good decision making, and just having a couple of semi-competent bigs (Maric, Butz, Rykschboch (sp)) has made a huge difference on the boards. Looking at trendlines, though it's only 2 game sample, DePaul looks much improved.

DePaul trendlines... so, vs Notre Dame only down 4 at the half... and vs Delaware State, a 24 point win, and they won each half by double-digits. They did this just once last year (winning each half by 10+), vs Chicago State.

Also, last year, i think DePaul had only two halftime leads of more than 3 points (had 9 pt lead at half vs Milwaukee, 38 pt lead vs Chicago State). Last year, of their 7 OOC wins, they were down at the half twice by a lot (vs Drake and vs SE Mo), and in others they struggled (vs Robert Morris).

next 4 will tell a lot about DePaul.

@ Illinois

Michigan St
Oregon/UConn
UNC/Portland/Arkansas/Oklahoma

They could be much improved, but come home after PK80 at 2-4 with only wins over Delaware St and Portland. If they could come home at 3-3, 8-4 seems very possible OOC(with only loss to Northwestern). The 2 Friday games these next 2 weeks are just huge. Illinois this Friday and then either Oregon or UConn next Friday. Getting even a split is just huge.
stever20

Postby DudeAnon » Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:49 am

I didn't catch the second half but the Lynch kid for Minnesota was a man among st boys. I presume him and the other big guy took over?
Xavier

2018 Big East Champs
DudeAnon

Postby Bill Marsh » Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:30 pm

DudeAnon wrote:I didn't catch the second half but the Lynch kid for Minnesota was a man among st boys. I presume him and the other big guy took over?

Yes, but the Friars made a lot of unforced errors.
Bill Marsh

Previous

Return to Big East basketball message board