AP Top 25 - Getting and Staying Ranked

The home for Big East hoops

Re: AP Top 25 - Getting and Staying Ranked

Postby NJRedman » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:21 pm

ecasadoSBU wrote:Why is it only St. John's fans that are so pissed about this? lol

That hate runs deep!

You think it's only SJU fans? And yes, the hate does run deep. F the Hoyas
NJRedman

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby hoyahooligan » Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:47 pm

NJRedman wrote:
ecasadoSBU wrote:Why is it only St. John's fans that are so pissed about this? lol

That hate runs deep!

it pretty much is only st. johns fans on this site who are pissed about it.

A couple national media types as well, but everyone else including Hoyas are laughing about it not letting it bother them.
hoyahooligan

Postby Red Rooster » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:44 pm

hoyahooligan wrote:
NJRedman wrote:

That hate runs deep!

it pretty much is only st. johns fans on this site who are pissed about it.

A couple national media types as well, but everyone else including Hoyas are laughing about it not letting it bother them.

Frankly, it's no biggie to me. The polls this early in the season isn't a biggie to me, as I practically stated a couple days ago. It is laughable, as you stated, but nothing to sweat.

As, I typically say, everything will all play out.
Red Rooster

Postby MullinMayhem » Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:00 am

I'm not "mad" about it...more-so something I laugh about or roll the eyes over. I think it says less about G'Town itself and more about how uninformed (or biased) some of these voters are. I do think G'Town should have at least scheduled a few more real teams in OOC. I hate G'Town when we play them, but I want us both to be good so we can have the Garden rocking. It was already rocking last year when we both sucked, so just imagine both of us being ranked playing a meaningful game with tourney implications there.
MullinMayhem

Postby kayako » Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:08 pm

Just wait till the Hoyas beat Syracuse, and I think Cuse is vulnerable vs. a relatively unknown team, you guys will be in an uproar... lol
supernova
kayako

Postby Jet915 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:35 pm

kayako wrote:Just wait till the Hoyas beat Syracuse, and I think Cuse is vulnerable vs. a relatively unknown team, you guys will be in an uproar... lol

I can see the Hoyas beating Cuse. Cuse looks like a bubble/NIT team to me and its at home.
Jet915

Postby kayako » Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:14 am

Jet915 wrote:
kayako wrote:Just wait till the Hoyas beat Syracuse, and I think Cuse is vulnerable vs. a relatively unknown team, you guys will be in an uproar... lol

I can see the Hoyas beating Cuse. Cuse looks like a bubble/NIT team to me and its at home.

Yeap, this should be 4th year in a row that Cuse is a bubble team at best. They'll be favored, but I think the Hoyas come out fired up and win by double digits.

Nova will be ranked #1 or #2 in the next poll.
supernova
kayako

Postby milksteak » Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:04 am

I’m still pissed at GTown for dropping out of PK80 like a bunch of damn cowards. So I say bring on the hate.
"I am a penned-up, leashed dog right now, and I can't wait to get started for Butler University."
- Barry Collier, August 1, 2006
milksteak

Postby Edrick » Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:22 am

Butler was mid receiving votes last week. Theyre going to get pretty close this week.

Doing what they normally do in the Crossroads Classic would certainly have them ranked in 8 days
Edrick

Postby Irishdawg » Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:59 pm

Edrick wrote:Butler was mid receiving votes last week. Theyre going to get pretty close this week.

Doing what they normally do in the Crossroads Classic would certainly have them ranked in 8 days

I don't think deservedly so, but they have been playing better at home the last few games.

In the case of Georgetown, the record looks nice, but it'll all get sorted out during conference play. I believe that backing out of the PK80 was a poor move on their part, but they're going to do what they feel is best for the program and its future.
Irishdawg

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board