Creighton Employees "Under Review" After Criticizing Basketb

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Creighton Employees "Under Review" After Criticizing Bas

Postby dakphonics » Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:11 am

I think it’s funny that the entire premise of the opposed argument on this thread is that the university dismissed him, and that props up the argument that he is guilty somehow. Including lengthy evaluations disecting rules by which students violate codes of conduct and what-not. Yet it’s the same university that is reviewing the conduct of the of the two that wrote the article in the paper.

The prosecutors dropped the case against Watson because they eventually came to believe that the plaintiffs story was a lie built on a grudge. Other than the poor optics I’m not sure why anyone cares.
dakphonics

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby stever20 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:24 am

I think the biggest crime is to be giving out rings for just making the NCAA tourney. Maybe other schools do that- but it just seems awfully participation trophy type of thing.
stever20

Postby dakphonics » Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:40 am

I thought it was weird that they gave him a ring for that also. I don’t remember the program doing this for the team in the past. In this particular instance there is a very human element to this. After Doug McDermott went Pro there was always a question about how good of a coach Greg was. Greg recruited 3 transfers who had never made an NCAA tournament and their goal was to bring the program back up. They did it, and Mo was a big part of it. But he never got to go with the team to the NCAA tornament and he had to do some jail time for an accusation that by every indication was a lie. There was no part of the accusers story that made any sense to the prosecution by the end. They dropped the case the moment they knew what the witness testimony was going to be.

The crime he pled no contest to was putting his hand on the inner thigh of a different girl at the same party and propositioning her. It went nowhere after she said no. I think any reasonable person would say he’s paid the price for that and a lot more. That is why he judge didn’t sentence anything but time already served. I think Greg wanted to publically show that he supports Mo and eveidentslly thought it was the right thing to do given what he’d been through. The optics aren’t great from an outsiders perspective, especially when rags like deadspin create a story just because they know it will attract eyeballs. But comparing it to the incidents or fans of Penn State and Baylor is really dumb. In those cases there was a staggering body of evidence of really sick stuff that stretched back years and years. This is single isolated incident in which there was no evidence except the word of the accuser whose story kept changing and she lied by omission of key details from the get-go. I believe victims of sexual assault should be believed. I believed her when the news broke, and was very embarrassed for my school and program. But if you change your story, or leave pieces out the truth is impossible to locate. Which piece of contradicting information is the public supposed to believe? Just like the prosecutors that led the attack against Mo, I’ve come to believe she isn’t credible. Watson never changed his story.
dakphonics

Postby stever20 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:12 am

dakphonics wrote:I thought it was weird that they gave him a ring for that also. I don’t remember the program doing this for the team in the past. In this particular instance there is a very human element to this. After Doug McDermott went Pro there was always a question about how good of a coach Greg was. Greg recruited 3 transfers who had never made an NCAA tournament and their goal was to bring the program back up. They did it, and Mo was a big part of it. But he never got to go with the team to the NCAA tornament and he had to do some jail time for an accusation that by every indication was a lie. There was no part of the accusers story that made any sense to the prosecution by the end. They dropped the case the moment they knew what the witness testimony was going to be.

The crime he pled no contest to was putting his hand on the inner thigh of a different girl at the same party and propositioning her. It went nowhere after she said no. I think any reasonable person would say he’s paid the price for that and a lot more. That is why he judge didn’t sentence anything but time already served. I think Greg wanted to publically show that he supports Mo and eveidentslly thought it was the right thing to do given what he’d been through. The optics aren’t great from an outsiders perspective, especially when rags like deadspin create a story just because they know it will attract eyeballs. But comparing it to the incidents or fans of Penn State and Baylor is really dumb. In those cases there was a staggering body of evidence of really sick stuff that stretched back years and years. This is single isolated incident in which there was no evidence except the word of the accuser whose story kept changing and she lied by omission of key details from the get-go. I believe victims of sexual assault should be believed. I believed her when the news broke, and was very embarrassed for my school and program. But if you change your story, or leave pieces out the truth is impossible to locate. Which piece of contradicting information is the public supposed to believe? Just like the prosecutors that led the attack against Mo, I’ve come to believe she isn’t credible. Watson never changed his story.

Yeah, this is absolutely no where near anywhere close to Penn St or Baylor. This is something that like you said is isolated and type of thing that Watson was accused of unfortuantely happens probably on 99% of all college campuses. It's absolutely dumb as heck to compare Creighton to either one of those places.
stever20

Postby NJRedman » Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:39 pm

cu blujs wrote:For the love of Pete, give it a rest NJR. You have no idea what you are talking about. Each time you post you make yourself a bigger ignoramus.

Like In said, only those in Omaha know the REAL truth! Is he still expelled or no?
NJRedman

Postby NJRedman » Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:41 pm

stever20 wrote:
dakphonics wrote:I thought it was weird that they gave him a ring for that also. I don’t remember the program doing this for the team in the past. In this particular instance there is a very human element to this. After Doug McDermott went Pro there was always a question about how good of a coach Greg was. Greg recruited 3 transfers who had never made an NCAA tournament and their goal was to bring the program back up. They did it, and Mo was a big part of it. But he never got to go with the team to the NCAA tornament and he had to do some jail time for an accusation that by every indication was a lie. There was no part of the accusers story that made any sense to the prosecution by the end. They dropped the case the moment they knew what the witness testimony was going to be.

Yeah, this is absolutely no where near anywhere close to Penn St or Baylor. This is something that like you said is isolated and type of thing that Watson was accused of unfortuantely happens probably on 99% of all college campuses. It's absolutely dumb as heck to compare Creighton to either one of those places.

If you actually read my posts I was comparing the blind loyalty and homerism of Jay fans to those in Baylor and Penn State not that the accusations are the same.

If he was so innocent why is he still expelled from school?
NJRedman

Postby dakphonics » Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:03 pm

If what he has stated publically is any indication, Mo is hopeful that he can get reinstated and finish his degree. He is in Omaha now, I would assume for that purpose. Whether or not he is currently expelled is not entirely relevant if the former is true. In my mind, Kangaroo court or not, the university did what it ha to do to protect itself from a PR standpoint by cutting him loose and distancing themselves as fast as possible. He was dismissed and expelled before the news broke in Omaha. Too many universities are flat footed and slow and that’s when they get egg on their faces.

If the university is going through a process to readmit Mo, I think that what those two university employees did was harmful to the process if the goal is to have a result that is fair and just. And that deadspin article is click bait plain and simple. It is obvious they don’t care about the facts surrounding the case. This story basically operates under the assumption that he raped the girl and got off easy because a story like that is going to draw eyeballs. That is far from the impressions given by news outlets in Omaha.

Again, I believed her when the story broke. But she lied about being a virgin, lied about her relationship to Mo, lied about the bloody underwear and lied about cut on her vagina. She also claimed that the alleged rape started with him putting his genitals between her teeth which is bizarre. She was also sexually promiscuous that same evening with someone she had just met in the back seat of a car that was moving... meaning other people where in the car when it happened and that person was going to testify against her. So yeah... I don’t believe her anymore.
dakphonics

Postby NJRedman » Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:49 pm

dakphonics wrote:If what he has stated publically is any indication, Mo is hopeful that he can get reinstated and finish his degree. He is in Omaha now, I would assume for that purpose. Whether or not he is currently expelled is not entirely relevant if the former is true. In my mind, Kangaroo court or not, the university did what it ha to do to protect itself from a PR standpoint by cutting him loose and distancing themselves as fast as possible. He was dismissed and expelled before the news broke in Omaha. Too many universities are flat footed and slow and that’s when they get egg on their faces.

If the university is going through a process to readmit Mo, I think that what those two university employees did was harmful to the process if the goal is to have a result that is fair and just. And that deadspin article is click bait plain and simple. It is obvious they don’t care about the facts surrounding the case. This story basically operates under the assumption that he raped the girl and got off easy because a story like that is going to draw eyeballs. That is far from the impressions given by news outlets in Omaha.

Again, I believed her when the story broke. But she lied about being a virgin, lied about her relationship to Mo, lied about the bloody underwear and lied about cut on her vagina. She also claimed that the alleged rape started with him putting his genitals between her teeth which is bizarre. She was also sexually promiscuous that same evening with someone she had just met in the back seat of a car that was moving... meaning other people where in the car when it happened and that person was going to testify against her. So yeah... I don’t believe her anymore.

Click bait because you don't agree with it. Why not just yell "FAKE NEWS" and be done with it?

Yes, those two are in the wrong because they had the audacity to criticize your beloved Blue Jays. Sure you believed her at first but now you don't mr. i just started posting.
NJRedman

Previous

Return to Big East basketball message board