(4) Sunday BE Games - Nov 12th 2017...

The home for Big East hoops

Re: (4) Sunday BE Games... Nov 12th 2017...

Postby hoyahooligan » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:04 am

Red Rooster wrote:
hoyahooligan wrote:We're BAAAACK!
Just Kidding.
:mrgreen:

Ok debut. Still lots to work on. A major work in process, but not bad.

Govan and Derrickson playing to their potential is nice to see.

Won't know anything about the Hoyas with this schedule until the Richmond and the Syracuse games. Hopefully we take care of business with our cream puff schedule and hopefully it has the desired effect of giving the team time to come together and build confidence.

I saw most of the first half and only a wee bit of the second half. Derrickson played well, but Govan's numbers are misleading. He missed some chippies and was being pushed around a bit, too.

Jacksonville was straight garbage, and Govan should've had about 30 (or more) on the Dolphins. The Hoyas looked rather decently in man D, but I sensed it was a combination of them playing decently and Jacksonville not having any playmakers of any kind.

I don't know, man. I just think it's gonna be hard to gauge Georgetown until they play Syracuse (and, possibly, Richmond), as you stated.

Govan was much better in the second half.

Nice to see the team attacking more on offense and playing better positional D.
hoyahooligan

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: (4) Sunday BE Games - Nov 12th 2017...

Postby MullinMayhem » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:15 am

So I really don't have any premium channels for Optimum, really just a basic package so I don't get CBSSN, FS2, and other channels some Big East games are on. I knew SJ was going to play Rutgers in the exhibition, so I (falsely) thought I'd need the Big Ten Network and purchased a package on PS4 Vue which included that, CBSSN, FS2, etc. for around $50 but there were lots of premium channels included. I highly recommend it to anyone like me who has a basic plan for cable...now I can watch FS2 or other channels I don't get with my plan instantly via my PS4. The connection was very good via WiFi just as clear as cable. I turned off the auto-renewal, so it won't automatically charge me and I can decide if I want another month or not. It came in handy last night seeing Butler was on CBSSN so I got to watch.

Butler looked very impressive against a very dangerous Princeton team. Princeton was shooting 75% from 3 deep into the game. Butler had an answer every time and completely dominated the paint. I really like Wideman...he's the type of guy we are desperate for. I will wait to see how Butler does against F5 competition like much of the other Big East teams to get a sense of where they are, but last night left me impressed. Nice win Butler! Also, Ewing had tons of huge names including MJ for his debut...wow. Nice start overall by the conference.
MullinMayhem

Postby Hall2012 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:39 am

pki1998 wrote:
Omaha1 wrote:SETON HALL 75
MONMOUTH 65

Delgado rings up double-double for Seton Hall: 17 pts, 10 reb.

What's the over under on double doubles by Delgado this year?

How many games are on the schedule?
Seton Hall Pirates
Big East Tournament Champions: 1991, 1993, 2016
Big East Regular Season Champions: 1992, 1993, 2020
Hall2012

Postby FriarJ » Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:15 pm

Hall2012 wrote:
pki1998 wrote:
Omaha1 wrote:SETON HALL 75
MONMOUTH 65

Delgado rings up double-double for Seton Hall: 17 pts, 10 reb.

What's the over under on double doubles by Delgado this year?

How many games are on the schedule?

This!
FriarJ

Postby Red Rooster » Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:45 pm

Jet915 wrote:
hoyahooligan wrote:We're BAAAACK!
Just Kidding.
:mrgreen:

Ok debut. Still lots to work on. A major work in process, but not bad.

Govan and Derrickson playing to their potential is nice to see.

Won't know anything about the Hoyas with this schedule until the Richmond and the Syracuse games. Hopefully we take care of business with our cream puff schedule and hopefully it has the desired effect of giving the team time to come together and build confidence.

Richmond just lost to Delaware. The Hoyas sbouldnt have more than one loss in the non-conference.

Richmond is currently losing to Jacksonville State 81-50.
Red Rooster

Re: (4) Sunday BE Games - Nov 12th 2017...

Postby BEXU » Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:31 pm

Gonna be a loooonnngg year in the A-10. They're like .500 against cupcakes.
BEXU

Previous

Return to Big East basketball message board