BEast Preview By NBC Sports

The home for Big East hoops

Re: BEast Preview By NBC Sports

Postby BEXU » Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:09 am

Jones had 11 last nite and O'Mara had 8. The tandem outrebounded and nearly outscored Ethan Happ in his own house. Any more questions?
BEXU

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby gtmoBlue » Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:09 am

BEXU wrote:Jones had 11 last nite and O'Mara had 8. The tandem outrebounded and nearly outscored Ethan Happ in his own house. Any more questions?

I'll check back with you in December...after a few more games.
"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." - Mahatma Gandhi
"Top tier teams rarely have true "down" years and find a way to stay relevant every year." - Adoraz

Creighton
gtmoBlue

Postby GumbyDamnit! » Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:11 am

BEXU wrote:Jones had 11 last nite and O'Mara had 8. The tandem outrebounded and nearly outscored Ethan Happ in his own house. Any more questions?

I like what Jones brings you guys. Tough and does his job. You guys disappointed in Kanter? Seemed like there was a lot of hype from X fans about his potential impact. But he seems to be 3rd on the depth chart.
Go Nova!
GumbyDamnit!

Postby BEXU » Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:03 pm

I think there was some misconceptions by other BE teams with the addition of Kanter. I think all X fans saw it as an "insurance policy" in case the injury bug hit. He was not going to displace 2 proven EE performers. He obviously lacks the physicality (if you look at all 3 side by side, it would be obvious) and defensive abilities of the other two. He hasn't totally learned the system (takes time at X) yet and is often out of position. He will improve in the non-con and hopefully provide some spark in the future but for now he will be the third big off the bench. I think he was happy to finally get a win against Wiscy.
BEXU

Postby BEXU » Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:09 am

gtmoBlue wrote:

I'll check back with you in December...after a few more games.

The three headed monster of Jones, O'Mara and Kanter looking pretty good.
BEXU

Previous

Return to Big East basketball message board