BIG EAST vs FOOTBALL-5 for 2017/18

The home for Big East hoops

Re: BIG EAST vs FOOTBALL-5 for 2017/18

Postby NJRedman » Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:19 pm

DemonLS wrote:No way was St. Johns in a worse spot when Mullin took over than the situation DePaul has been over the last 10 years. You have no idea how hard it is to be a fan of this program when you know where this program SHOULD be at.....and holding its own to help each and every other member of the BE.

Georgetown guy, thats who I was responding to. It's pretty clear as I had his remarks quoted above mine.
NJRedman

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Burrito » Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:21 pm

I believe Redman was criticizing Georgetown's easy schedule, not Depaul. Ewing has a better roster this year than Mullin had his first year. The Redstorm only won 1 game of their last 22 games played that year.
Ewing's been in the NBA since 1985. I'll give him a pass this year as he adjusts back to the college game. Hopefully next year he toughens up the schedule.
Burrito

Postby redmen9194 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:54 am

Providence handles Benedict College - I mean Boston College - to get us to .500. Butler and Ohio State today

Sun. - November 26: Butler vs Ohio State

ACC : 1-1
SEC : 3-1
B1G : 4-5
PAC : 3-2
B12 : 0-2

Overall 11-11

Side note. Here are the records of the BEast so far this season against the F5 and the number of games left...

Seton Hall: 2-0 (3 left - Texas Tech, Louisville, Rutgers)
St. John's: 2-1 (2 left - Arizona State, Duke)
G'Town: 0-0 (1 left - Cuse)
Xavier: 1-1 (1 left - Baylor)
Quette: 1-1 (2 left - Georgia, Wisconsin)
Providence: 2-1 (no games left)
Villanova: 1-0 (no games left)
Creighton: 2-1 ( 1 game left - Nebraska)
DePaul: 0-4 (1 game left - Northwester)
Butler: 0-2 (3 games left - Ohio State, Utah, Purdue)

Seton Hall, St. John's, DePaul and Butler will finish with the most games at 5. The Hoyas and Nova finish with the least at 1.

Go Big East!
redmen9194

Postby EMT » Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:06 am

Burrito wrote:I believe Redman was criticizing Georgetown's easy schedule, not Depaul. Ewing has a better roster this year than Mullin had his first year. The Redstorm only won 1 game of their last 22 games played that year.
Ewing's been in the NBA since 1985. I'll give him a pass this year as he adjusts back to the college game. Hopefully next year he toughens up the schedule.

My brother in law lives in DC right by Gtown. He said that the major alums are already not happy with Ewing and that he is alienating the local AAU coaches and ignores the alumni. He said a major donor with his grandkids were at a high roller only practice and Ewing spoke to the group for 5 min with no pictures or autographs. Said JTIII would spend over an hour with the group and stay for every last request.

Can any Gtown fans confirm any of this?
EMT

Postby Jet915 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:07 am

Looking at the remaining schedule, we will likely be several games under .500. Butler and Depaul can easily go 0-10! Sucks that our best team only got to play 1 F5 team while our worst team played 5. I predict 5-10 :? .
Jet915

Postby stever20 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:24 am

On a more important note- here's the records vs the Ken Pom top 50- which shows where teams like Wichita and Gonzaga are more important than teams like Nebraska or Washington

Villanova 1-0 so far(vs Tennessee)- 2 left (Gonzaga, Temple)
Xavier 1-0 so far(vs Wisconsin)- 2 left (Baylor, Cincy)
Seton Hall 0-0 so far. 2 left (TT, Louisville)
Providence 0-1 so far(vs Minnesota) 0 left(RI is 53)
Creighton 2-1 so far(vs Northwestern, UCLA, Baylor). 1 left(Gonzaga)
St John's 0-0 so far. 1 left(vs Duke)
Marquette 0-2 so far(vs Purdue, Wichita). 1 left(Wisconsin)
Butler 0-2 so far(vs Maryland, Texas). 1 left(Purdue)
Georgetown 0-0 so far. 0 left(Syracuse is 54)
DePaul 0-3 so far(vs ND, Mich St, Oregon). 1 left(Northwestern)
4-9 so far. 11 left.

If you expand it to top 100-
Nova 2-0 with 4 left
X 1-1 with 3 left
SH 2-1 with 3 left
PC 1-1 with 2 left
Cre 2-1 with 2 left
SJ 1-1 with 4 left
Marq 2-2 with 3 left
But 0-2 with 3 left
Geo 0-0 with 1 left
DeP 0-3 with 1 left
tot 11-12 with 26 left

maybe for some folks f5 records is important, but for the actual teams- games vs teams like Gonzaga mean at least as much.
stever20

Postby X-man » Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:26 pm

redmen9194 wrote:Providence handles Benedict College - I mean Boston College - to get us to .500. Butler and Ohio State today

Sun. - November 26: Butler vs Ohio State

ACC : 1-1
SEC : 3-1
B1G : 4-5
PAC : 3-2
B12 : 0-2

Overall 11-11

Side note. Here are the records of the BEast so far this season against the F5 and the number of games left...

Seton Hall: 2-0 (3 left - Texas Tech, Louisville, Rutgers)
St. John's: 2-1 (2 left - Arizona State, Duke)
G'Town: 0-0 (1 left - Cuse)
Xavier: 1-1 (1 left - Baylor)
Quette: 1-1 (2 left - Georgia, Wisconsin)
Providence: 2-1 (no games left)
Villanova: 1-0 (no games left)
Creighton: 2-1 ( 1 game left - Nebraska)
DePaul: 0-4 (1 game left - Northwester)
Butler: 0-2 (3 games left - Ohio State, Utah, Purdue)

Seton Hall, St. John's, DePaul and Butler will finish with the most games at 5. The Hoyas and Nova finish with the least at 1.

Go Big East!

Xavier also has a home game against Colorado of the PAC-12. Hopefully the Muskies go 2-0 against their two remaining P-5 opponents.
Xavier will surprise. Never count them out of the Dance.
X-man

Postby DeePhence » Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:59 pm

EMT wrote:
Burrito wrote:I believe Redman was criticizing Georgetown's easy schedule, not Depaul. Ewing has a better roster this year than Mullin had his first year. The Redstorm only won 1 game of their last 22 games played that year.

My brother in law lives in DC right by Gtown. He said that the major alums are already not happy with Ewing and that he is alienating the local AAU coaches and ignores the alumni. He said a major donor with his grandkids were at a high roller only practice and Ewing spoke to the group for 5 min with no pictures or autographs. Said JTIII would spend over an hour with the group and stay for every last request.

I think Georgetown alums are a ridiculously fickle lot.
The weren't happy with JTIII the last few years, yet they miss his ability to schmooze. Give me a break.
This is Patrick Ewing, we're talking about. The most important player GTown has ever produced.
Now, if he eventually proves he can't coach, then they have a reason to gripe. He didn't sign an autograph? OMG. Are these 12 year old kids?

Let's go Friars! Cooley for Prez!
DeePhence

Postby EMT » Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:04 pm

DeePhence wrote:
EMT wrote:

The weren't happy with JTIII the last few years, yet they miss his ability to schmooze. Give me a break.
This is Patrick Ewing, we're talking about. The most important player GTown has ever produced.
Now, if he eventually proves he can't coach, then they have a reason to gripe. He didn't sign an autograph? OMG. Are these 12 year old kids?

These guys buy access to the program in addition to wanting to win. You're a smart enough guy to get that. It was a private event for high rollers.
EMT

Postby BigmanU » Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:34 am

DeePhence wrote:
EMT wrote:

This x 5,000

Winning will cure all. Ewing has a lot more of JT Jr's characteristics than JT3 ever had in this regard. He is a HOF player coaching and has to draw the line. Damned if you & do damned if you don't.
BigmanU

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board