(8) Friday BE Games - Nov 10th 2017...

The home for Big East hoops

Re: (8) Friday BE Games - 10 Nov 2017...

Postby hoops22 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:19 pm

I'm looking forward to the season, but not to that first kick in the stomach that inevitably comes when you're a Johnny fan. Just hope it doesn't come Friday.
hoops22

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Red Rooster » Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:45 pm

MullinMayhem wrote:Ponds injured wrist. X-Ray apparently negative but may not play Friday. Just wow.

He's gonna play Friday. He jammed his wrist. If it's a Grade 1, then it shouldn't be a huge hindrance (particularly, long-term). I once jammed three fingers at once and continued to play after several minutes of rest. It hurt like heck, but I kept pushing.

He'll have some pain, but he has another day and a half to recover. Some pain meds may suffice, too.
Red Rooster

Postby CrawfishBucket » Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:13 am

billyjack wrote:Lol at the Wichita fan...

Not a Wichita fan bro.. Just pointing out the same thing that other Big East media does..

Wichita State beat out Butler for 2 of their recruits... Jordan has completely whiffed to this point.

https://www.bigeastcoastbias.com/big-ea ... utler-2018
Georgetown
CrawfishBucket

Postby MullinMayhem » Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:53 am

Red Rooster wrote:
MullinMayhem wrote:Ponds injured wrist. X-Ray apparently negative but may not play Friday. Just wow.

He's gonna play Friday. He jammed his wrist. If it's a Grade 1, then it shouldn't be a huge hindrance (particularly, long-term). I once jammed three fingers at once and continued to play after several minutes of rest. It hurt like heck, but I kept pushing.

He'll have some pain, but he has another day and a half to recover. Some pain meds may suffice, too.

Hope it doesn't linger. Hopefully we build up enough of a lead and hold it so Ponds can go rest it.
MullinMayhem

Postby billyjack » Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:02 am

CrawfishBucket wrote:

Not a Wichita fan bro.. Just pointing out the same thing that other Big East media does..

Wichita State beat out Butler for 2 of their recruits... Jordan has completely whiffed to this point.

And Wichita signing a 3-star means that Marquette will lose to Mount St Mary's...
Providence
billyjack

Postby ConnersvilleBulldog » Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:56 am

CrawfishBucket wrote:

Butler backed off of Moore according to the IndyStar: "The Bulldogs are no longer pursuing Chance Moore, according to James Schooler, who coached him at Fern Creek High School in Louisville, Ky."
So Wichita beat out Butler for one recruit.

And it's hard to put much blame on LaVall. He took over in June, and had no time to create relationships with 2018 recruits. Plus, I fully understand recruit's hesitancy to commit to Butler right now. We've had 4 coaches in 6 years. Until LaVall A.) shows he can maintain Butler's recent level of success and B.) is going to be around for a long-time, then I think there's always going to be some doubt in the back of recruit's minds about committing to Butler.

Also, I fail to see how this relates to you thinking Big East teams will lose to New Orleans, Yale, and Mt St Mary's?
"On paper, people tell us we're nothing. But we're still playing for a national championship. We … are … still … here." - Joel Cornette
ConnersvilleBulldog

Postby gtmoBlue » Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:40 pm

Yale? sneaky good? In Omaha?? yeah, right.
Yale gets their ass handed to them for the flight home.
"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." - Mahatma Gandhi
"Top tier teams rarely have true "down" years and find a way to stay relevant every year." - Adoraz

Creighton
gtmoBlue

Postby MUPanther » Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:07 pm

Fairleigh Dickinson @ Seton Hall
TV:FS2 ---Dave Simms & Len Elmore

Morehead State @ Xavier
TV:FSN ---Jay Alter & Dickie Simpkins

Houston Baptist @ Providence
TV:FSN --Bob Picozzi & Tarik Turner

Kennesaw State @ Butler
TV: FCS ---Wayne Randazzo & Jordan Cornettr

New Orleans @ St. John's
TV: FCS --- Rich Ackermann & Sarah Kustok

Columbia @ Villanova
TV: FS2 ---Scott Graham & Donny Marshall

Mount St. Mary's (Md.) @ Marquette
TV:FSN Jeff Levering (play-by-play) and Stephen Bardo

Yale @ Creighton
TV: FSN --Steve Physioc & Nick Bahe
Marquette Season Ticket Holder at Fiserv Forum
Milwaukee Panther Season Ticket Holder at UWM Panther Arena (MECCA)
MUPanther

Postby xufan02 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:00 pm

What is the over/under on how many times Dickey Simpkins says #splash tomorrow during the Xavier game?
xufan02

Postby Irishdawg » Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:14 pm

CrawfishBucket wrote:

When Butler starts legitimately losing recruits to awful schools, then yeah, Jordan will have completely whiffed. Right now, losing 2 guys to Gregg Marshall and Wichita (they weren't recruiting Chance up to the end, but my guess is it was a lack of interest on Moore's part), I'm not that worried. Look who Chris Holtmann added in his first year (no one, McDermott and Fowler committed before he became head coach). Jordan's also added a commitment from a 2019 recruit. If he coaches well, and Butler finally gets stability to their coaching staff, then the recruits will come.

In terms of the first night of basketball, right now Creighton's the only school with less than a 96% chance of winning according to KenPom, so I'm pretty confident that the Big East isn't going to be losing to Mt. St. Mary's and New Orleans. Yale will be a tough game though.
Irishdawg

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board