Top 50 Players in the Big East

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Top 50 Players in the Big East

Postby GumbyDamnit! » Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:19 pm

Crazy good star power in the BE this year. How the hell are these coaches going to pick a 1st team All-league team?

You need to pick 6 guys out of:

Brunson
Bridges
Macura
Blueitt
Rodriguez
Delgado
Foster
Thomas
Ponds
Lovett
Martin
Howard
Rousey
Govan
Cartwright
Bullock

As a Nova fan I have a hard time thinking that Brunson and Bridges are not 2 of the top 6players in this league. You can’t not take Angel and Trevon. But Ponds, Dezi, JP, Martin, Khyri, Foster, Howard, Bullock...geez, look at the numbers Govan is putting up. I wouldn’t know where to even start if I had 6 votes.

Gun to my head, if I had votes it would be (I simply couldn’t choose only 6)

Brunson
Blueitt
Delgado
Bridges
Ponds
Dezi / Khyri

But I look at a 2nd team with guys like Martin, Foster, Govan, Macura, Bullock, Howard and would love to see an exhibition.
Go Nova!
GumbyDamnit!

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Jet915 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:21 pm

Khyri Thomas starting to get some love on the NBA draft boards. Latest ESPN update has him being selected #28.
Jet915

Postby GumbyDamnit! » Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:38 pm

Jet915 wrote:Khyri Thomas starting to get some love on the NBA draft boards. Latest ESPN update has him being selected #28.

NBA teams know they need guys who can play D and hit shots. Bridges and Thomas may be 2 of the top 5 two-way players nationally. But fan ratings of players usually start and end with offensive stats alone. KT is a great player IMO b/c of what he brings both ends.
Go Nova!
GumbyDamnit!

Postby BEhomer » Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:45 pm

GumbyDamnit! wrote:
Jet915 wrote:Khyri Thomas starting to get some love on the NBA draft boards. Latest ESPN update has him being selected #28.

NBA teams know they need guys who can play D and hit shots. Bridges and Thomas may be 2 of the top 5 two-way players nationally. But fan ratings of players usually start and end with offensive stats alone. KT is a great player IMO b/c of what he brings both ends.

and from what I can tell both very coachable and team first guys.
BEhomer

Postby DudeAnon » Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:57 pm

Kaiser Gates is likely to get drafted (maybe not this year) and I personally think Quinten Goodin has NBA potential.
Xavier

2018 Big East Champs
DudeAnon

Previous

Return to Big East basketball message board