BE Basketball Fix... Providence v UConn, Wed Oct 25th...

The home for Big East hoops

Re: BE Basketball Fix... Providence v UConn, Wed Oct 25th...

Postby FriarJ » Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:09 pm

Novachap wrote:I just started to play a little on that board... yeah, The Big Pee... wow.

Now he is saying we are dredging the mid major lakes for our elusive 11th member... I said, we're fine where we are, have had a little success, but if leadership finds a market worth exploring, who knows, maybe they will tap the mid-market lake---you know like the MVC.

Bob Driscoll said last night on the radio when asked about going to 20 conference games and adding UConn; UConn is a football school so that would end any thought before it started. He said they will not be expanding, Fox is fine as is, schools are fine as is and no coaches want to go to 20 games.
FriarJ

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby GoldenWarrior11 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 1:39 pm

Haha. Honestly, let the board proclaim what they want. Let the results speak for themselves.

If anything it goes against Stever's belief that we are obsessed with the AAC. They have not one but two threads on their main page dedicated to the Big East lol.
GoldenWarrior11

Postby ivet » Fri Oct 27, 2017 1:48 pm

I'm over there playing with them right now. It's pretty funny. I just have to remember it's like talking to little children. It's cool though cause I have a 3 year old at home so I know how it goes.
ivet

Postby blunderbuss » Fri Oct 27, 2017 2:30 pm

jfan wrote:The Turd fans will make the nAAC Board unreadable. So happy for Crawfish and Stever!

I guess the Turd fans must be the WSU fans?

Full disclosure... I'm an East Carolina fan... yeah, I know, I know... I was banned from the csnbbs board. :lol:

I'm actually more of a basketball fan than anything. Painful existence. Don't care for the ACC so I end up watching a lot of Big East basketball too. I'm hoping you take Davidson for #11. Live close to them.
blunderbuss

Postby blunderbuss » Fri Oct 27, 2017 2:31 pm

and God forbid you say the TV deal will come in under $5 million / school / year. :lol:
blunderbuss

Postby cu blujs » Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:23 pm

Novachap wrote:
Savannah Jay wrote:
jfan wrote:The Turd fans will make the nAAC Board unreadable. So happy for Crawfish and Stever!

Crawfish is one of the Turds that make that board unreadable...

WCC's obsession with CU is a product of our sustained success and their (frequent) disappointment in St. Louis. Creighton won 12 of 36 MVC tournaments prior to leaving, including 8 of the last 15. WCC won two in 36 years (and two more after we left). And the best part is our last regular season MVC game, McDermott dropped 41 points (on 15-18 shooting) in an ass-whooping in Omaha and our last MVC tournament game was another win over WCC in the tournament championship. Then we leave for a better conference than they will ever be in...ever.

Thanks, that explains it.... also, being the 2nd or 3rd best program in their state probably makes them a little salty too...

Well that and the 2009 MVC tourney game where they came back from a 19 point second half deficit to go ahead one with about 10 seconds to play only to have Booker Woodfox catch the inbounds pass, fumble the ball a bit, regain control, pump fake, dribble-dribble, jump, shoot and hit a buzzer beater, all after we inbounded the ball with 1.9 seconds left. They will never, ever, ever let that game go. Neither will I :lol:

Just tell them Creighton says hi, and then sign off with 1.9.
cu blujs

Postby cujaysfan » Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:40 pm

shox fans are terrible awful people

and to all of the Jay fans who think that they should show up on our schedule again (regrettably there are far too many of those) - they should be shown that thread.

Eff those clowns. I hope they get their asses kicked by South Florida and Tulane.
cujaysfan

Postby DudeAnon » Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:20 pm

Those Shocker fans bear a striking similarity to our own gtmo.
Xavier

2018 Big East Champs
DudeAnon

Postby beltwaybluejay » Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:14 am

Gtmo = tongue in cheek - shocker fan = turd in cheek.
beltwaybluejay

Postby GoldenWarrior11 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:27 am

GoldenWarrior11

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board