BE Basketball Fix... Providence v UConn, Wed Oct 25th...

The home for Big East hoops

Re: BE Basketball Fix... Providence v UConn, Wed Oct 25th...

Postby FriarJ » Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:27 pm

Here is the thing, The outcome was never in doubt, when Cartwright was in the game we simply rolled them. Here is something quite unbelievable and it makes me wonder if Kevin Ollie is insane. Jalen Adams played every single minute of an exhibition game, their best player may have taken a 30 second blow but I never saw it. WTH?
FriarJ

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Friarsfan94 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:30 pm

God it was fun to manhandle the puppies. I was in attendance. Quick thoughts-this team is a buzzsaw and has the potential to be extremely special if Holt is able to return this season. They did that tonight without Lindsey or Malik White as well.
Friarsfan94

Postby MullinMayhem » Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:04 pm

I thought we had a skinny team at SJ but my god UConn is full of little sticks. They can't shoot at all and their defense was horrid. Paging Stever to tell us UConn is back. I was right...Ollie sucks he just used Calhoun's players to win that one year. He's not a good coach.
MullinMayhem

Postby billyjack » Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:57 am

i watched the 2nd half on Fox Sports Go.

Very happy all around. Love our depth and interchangeable parts. Our freshmen look fantastic. We have multiple talented ballhandlers. Love our size and strength... we looked huge at every position compared to UConn (except Cartwright's height, but he was outstanding anyway).

Wow, and this was without playing Lindsey and Maliek White. And with Holt out indefinitely.

Sure, this was only an exhibition, but man the Friars looked solid. Not sure what was wrong with UConn... i guess losing Brimah and Purvis will be a big adjustment for them this year.

The UConn Boneyard forum was very complimentary of the Friars, Ed Cooley, and the Big East. Good to see that.

Anyway, a good night in Friartown!
Providence
billyjack

Postby GoldenWarrior11 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:02 am

Cooley is such a good coach. He has done a remarkable job restocking the lineup and loading up on young and impactful players. Providence made a great decision hiring him years ago.
GoldenWarrior11

Postby Irishdawg » Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:11 am

For those who may have missed it the first time around:

https://youtu.be/qdcYeGBnD3g
Irishdawg

Postby ivet » Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:50 am

You guys should really stop by the AAC message board on csnbbs. Shocker fans have really stirred the pot over there and it's hilarious!
ivet

Postby Hall2012 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:18 am

ivet wrote:You guys should really stop by the AAC message board on csnbbs. Shocker fans have really stirred the pot over there and it's hilarious!

The funniest part is how much the WSU fans seem to hate the Big East...I mean..."Big Pee?" what? If you're gonna be juvenile, at least try to be little creative...that doesn't even make any sense.
Seton Hall Pirates
Big East Tournament Champions: 1991, 1993, 2016
Big East Regular Season Champions: 1992, 1993, 2020
Hall2012

Postby Jet915 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:30 pm

ivet wrote:You guys should really stop by the AAC message board on csnbbs. Shocker fans have really stirred the pot over there and it's hilarious!

Being with them in the MVC and going to the MVC board many years back, Wichita fans are some of the most obnoxious fans there are. It's funny to see them irritate the AAC fans on their board.
Jet915

Postby billyjack » Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:40 pm

Yeah, i just read thru that Csnbbs thread.

Lol at Wichita of all teams talking trash to 4-times-in-last-20-years National Champion UConn. It's like Spider talking trash to Joe Pesci in Goodfellas, except UConn fans for some reason aren't going off like Pesci.

I mean, jeesh, i'm happy about the solid win of course, but it was a freakin charity game.
Providence
billyjack

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board