POLL: Which team will finish 6th this year?

The home for Big East hoops

Which team will finish 6th this year?

Poll ended at Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:50 pm

Butler
60%
Creighton
30%
Providence
7%
Seton Hall
3%
Villanova
No votes
Xavier
No votes

Total votes : 30

Re: POLL: Which team will finish 6th this year?

Postby pki1998 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:35 pm

MullinMayhem wrote:
The thing is, the only teams I think we can say for sure have MORE talent (granted it's potential so who knows if it will be realized) than SJ are Villanova, Xavier, Seton Hall. Outside of that SJ can handle any of the other teams IMO from a talent perspective. A lot will depend on how well Ponds, LoVett, and Simon play together. If Simon is lockdown on D and can run the point effectively with LoVett/Ponds playing off the ball and Owens and Clark making things happen down low, I see no reason this is not an NCAA team. No one has a better guard trio. College hoops is a guards game. Look at UConn when they were good...guard driven. We lack real bigs, but I think guards are more important. I really wouldn't be that shocked to see SJ overachieve and be better than PC. It all depends on how much better our defense is. It doesn't have to be unstoppable...just get enough stops to let the offense work.

I agree SJ should be better than 8. I think they are a tourney team and wouldn't be surprised if they finished 5th. With that being said don't sleep on PC!!! They will finish in top four possibly even second
Xavier
pki1998

Re: POLL: Which team will finish 6th this year?

Sponsor

Sponsor

Previous

Return to Big East basketball message board