First 4 Years of nBE

The home for Big East hoops

Re: First 4 Years of nBE

Postby stever20 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:11 pm

I think there's 2 things...
1- for the things like this thread where you are looking at the performance of the league since the split, it's very valid to call it the nBE. I'd suspect we'll see those comparisons only happening maybe another year or 2, so that's it....
2- for things for just this current season- it's asinine to call it the nBE.

just my thought.
stever20

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Savannah Jay » Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:13 pm

xusandy wrote:8000, huh? Not too shabby for a BEAST school. So should we refer to ourselves as the NBE, the BEAST, or just the BE? Anyone have a strong opinion?

Well, a new car becomes a used car the day you drive it off the lot. How about the uBE? We're not new, we're used. Being 4 years (and change) old, our warranty is almost up, I think "used" Big East, or uBE is it, no?
Savannah Jay

Postby CrawfishBucket » Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:30 pm

Savannah Jay wrote:
xusandy wrote:8000, huh? Not too shabby for a BEAST school. So should we refer to ourselves as the NBE, the BEAST, or just the BE? Anyone have a strong opinion?

Well, a new car becomes a used car the day you drive it off the lot. How about the uBE? We're not new, we're used. Being 4 years (and change) old, our warranty is almost up, I think "used" Big East, or uBE is it, no?

Maybe we shouldn't create this binary by calling the first group the 'Old' or 'Original'... which invariably leads to the NBE binary tag...

If we refer to the Gavitt group as the CLASSIC BIG EAST (like Classic Coke), would that by extension make just Big East make sense (like Coke)??

The name 'Big East' was purchased.. and the conference started anew.. That's another reason I've always thought New Big East. Everyone on this board is a founding father.

How about Big East 2.0? Or BE2.0
Georgetown
CrawfishBucket

Postby gtmoBlue » Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:51 pm

You have my permission to continue calling the conference the Big East...for 2 more years.
Then we shall have to rename it "Lil Creighton and the Imperials" or "Creighton and the 9 Dwarfs" to be more appropriate for
the times. :D :lol: ;)
"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." - Mahatma Gandhi
"Top tier teams rarely have true "down" years and find a way to stay relevant every year." - Adoraz

Creighton
gtmoBlue

Postby CrawfishBucket » Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:42 pm

gtmoBlue wrote:You have my permission to continue calling the conference the Big East...for 2 more years.
Then we shall have to rename it "Lil Creighton and the Imperials" or "Creighton and the 9 Dwarfs" to be more appropriate for

Regarding Creighton... I'm pleased as punch that McDermott has let it be known he's in for the long haul.
Georgetown
CrawfishBucket

Postby Hall2012 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:51 am

gtmoBlue wrote:You have my permission to continue calling the conference the Big East...for 2 more years.

At least then we won't have to be worried about getting confused with the National Bank of Egypt
Seton Hall Pirates
Big East Tournament Champions: 1991, 1993, 2016
Big East Regular Season Champions: 1992, 1993, 2020
Hall2012

Previous

Return to Big East basketball message board