POLL: Which team will finish 8th this year?

The home for Big East hoops

Which team will finish 8th this year?

Poll ended at Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:07 am

Butler
16%
Creighton
No votes
Marquette
28%
Providence
No votes
Seton Hall
No votes
St. John's
53%
Villanova
No votes
Xavier
2%

Total votes : 43

Re: POLL: Which team will finish 8th this year?

Postby NJRedman » Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:33 pm

MullinMayhem wrote:
How dare SJ fans complain. It's not like we haven't won an NCAA tourney game in nearly 2 decad.....oh wait. In all seriousness though, I agree with the Xavier fan...it wouldn't shock me if we finished 5th. This is the best team we've had since Lavin in 2014 when we made the tourney IMO. That was a much better team defensively but also pretty bad offensively. We are now doing well offensively but struggle to defend. IMO it's easier to correct defense than scoring. With scoring you either do it or you don't...guys like Ponds and LoVett just know how to score. Defense is about assignments and footwork...that is easier to fix.

Does anyone know who the last team we beat was in the NCAAs? No cheating! It was my freshman year and I stayed up late to watch it.
NJRedman

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Red Rooster » Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:02 pm

NJRedman wrote:
MullinMayhem wrote:
How dare SJ fans complain. It's not like we haven't won an NCAA tourney game in nearly 2 decad.....oh wait. In all seriousness though, I agree with the Xavier fan...it wouldn't shock me if we finished 5th. This is the best team we've had since Lavin in 2014 when we made the tourney IMO. That was a much better team defensively but also pretty bad offensively. We are now doing well offensively but struggle to defend. IMO it's easier to correct defense than scoring. With scoring you either do it or you don't...guys like Ponds and LoVett just know how to score. Defense is about assignments and footwork...that is easier to fix.

Does anyone know who the last team we beat was in the NCAAs? No cheating! It was my freshman year and I stayed up late to watch it.

I, vividly remember the opponent (Northern Arizona) game. I was out with a couple friends that night watching it.

Two, big plays by Lavor Postell (a 3-point play) and Erick Barkley (a defensive steal) sealed the game, and the Johnnies avoided the upset.
Red Rooster

Postby NJRedman » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:14 pm

Red Rooster wrote:
NJRedman wrote:
MullinMayhem wrote:

I, vividly remember the opponent (Northern Arizona) game. I was out with a couple friends that night watching it.

Two, big plays by Lavor Postell (a 3-point play) and Erick Barkley (a defensive steal) sealed the game, and the Johnnies avoided the upset.

We were a 2 seed after winning the BET and having great wins like a OOC game @Duke. their only OOC home loss since the early 80's late 70's and still is their only home OOC loss since then.
NJRedman

Previous

Return to Big East basketball message board