Big East Tip-Off/Midnight Madness

The home for Big East hoops

Postby MullinMayhem » Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:20 am

Didn't see a thread for this yet...has anyone had their Midnight Madness event yet? Curious to see what schools are doing for them. St. John's has theirs next Friday the 13th and there is a new alumni game this year which Mullin will play in. The performer will be Dave East, a local NYC rapper who is a rising star but not yet mainstream. He's a decent name but to be totally honest, he's already been to SJ before and he's not exactly a headliner...he'd be a good opener at a concert. Pretty big downgrade from a guy like French Montana a few years ago who I believe was at Villanova recently. He's a huge name. It always shocked me that somehow we cannot get Nas, one of the greatest rappers of all time to perform here especially being a product of Queens. J Cole didn't even perform when he was a surprise guest last year...and he actually went to St. John's. Very odd but oh well. Excited to see the team together again and kick off another season.
MullinMayhem

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Big East Tip-Off/Midnight Madness

Postby GoldenWarrior11 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:53 am

Marquette Madness is tonight. We have a ton of recruits coming. Should be fun.
GoldenWarrior11

Postby MUBoxer » Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:59 am

GoldenWarrior11 wrote:Marquette Madness is tonight. We have a ton of recruits coming. Should be fun.

I’m driving up for it solely because of Fitz and the tantrums. Where does that take place?
Marquette 2013
NUI-Galway 2019
MUBoxer

Postby Irishdawg » Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:40 pm

Butler doesn't do a midnight madness event.
Irishdawg

Postby bobpp1 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:35 pm

The friars Late Night Madness is on 10-14. Lil Uzi Vert will be the guest rapper and the former friar Doris Burke will host the event. Burke was recently named the new NBA analyst for ESPN. A number of recruits will be on hand and I'm sure Ed will be pimping the new practice facility being built.
bobpp1

Postby BigmanU » Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:40 pm

Hoya Madness Friday the 13th

Meek Mill performing
Last edited by BigmanU on Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BigmanU

Postby MUPanther » Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:43 pm

It's great that Marquette Madness is on TV for the last three years on Spectrum Sports.
Marquette Season Ticket Holder at Fiserv Forum
Milwaukee Panther Season Ticket Holder at UWM Panther Arena (MECCA)
MUPanther

Postby MullinMayhem » Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:16 am

Wow, shocked that Butler doesn't have an event. Any reason given?
MullinMayhem

Postby ConnersvilleBulldog » Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:32 am

MullinMayhem wrote:Wow, shocked that Butler doesn't have an event. Any reason given?

Butler has never had a midnight madness-type event. And I don't recall any coach making an official statement as to why not. But I've always assumed the coaches felt (right or wrong) that they only had a limited number of practices before the season starts and they don't want to "waste" one with an event that they don't think will help prepare them for the season.
"On paper, people tell us we're nothing. But we're still playing for a national championship. We … are … still … here." - Joel Cornette
ConnersvilleBulldog

Postby BigmanU » Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:02 am

ConnersvilleBulldog wrote:
MullinMayhem wrote:Wow, shocked that Butler doesn't have an event. Any reason given?

Butler has never had a midnight madness-type event. And I don't recall any coach making an official statement as to why not. But I've always assumed the coaches felt (right or wrong) that they only had a limited number of practices before the season starts and they don't want to "waste" one with an event that they don't think will help prepare them for the season.

Seem to work out for them, cant complain about that.
BigmanU

Next

Return to Big East basketball message board