FBI Arrests NCAA coaches for corruption

The home for Big East hoops

Re: FBI Arrests NCAA coaches for corruption

Postby ivet » Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:28 pm

Ya'll underestimate Slick Ricks true powers. UL will have an Ollie North to take the heat away from Slick Rick. Same with UNC.
ivet

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby sarp » Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:32 pm

Breaking news!!!
The NCAA and Dean Wormer have just put Louisville and Pitino on "Double Secret Probation"
Creighton Fan since the 1980's
sarp

Postby Hall2012 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:30 pm

Hall2012 wrote:
Fieldhouse Flyer wrote:

Not if you're Sean Miller...
The coaches were identified in court papers as Chuck Person of Auburn University, Emanuel Richardson of the University of Arizona, Tony Bland of the University of Southern California, and Lamont Evans of Oklahoma State.

I wonder if that could cause Jahvon Quinnerly to decommit...which would be great news for Nova.

It sounds like Quinnerly won't suiting up for Arizona, but it doesn't look like he'll be eligible to play anywhere else either.
Seton Hall Pirates
Big East Tournament Champions: 1991, 1993, 2016
Big East Regular Season Champions: 1992, 1993, 2020
Hall2012

Postby Savannah Jay » Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:35 pm

NJRedman wrote:
DudeAnon wrote:Daily reminder that NCAA doesn't equal morally right. The government is claiming fraud of $5k pell grants. These kids generate millions for the schools and now they are bitching about losing a few pell grants. This is a rounding error for most school budgets. Don't wanna be that guy, but the lengths the government will go to keep blacks from making money is truly astonishing sometimes.

Uh it's more than 5k in pell grants, it's 100k to a player to go to UofL, 25K to assistant coaches and many other issues that are still coming out.

The story I read said $100,000 to Bowen, in four installments, to commit to Louisville then sign with Adidas when he goes pro. Another recruit in the 2019 UL class a similar deal.
Savannah Jay

Postby stever20 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:45 pm

the absolute tweet of the day...

Brett McMurphy
@Brett_McMurphy

To put this in hoop lingo: FBI w/wire taps is the No. 1 overall seed, NCAA Committee on Infractions is a 16 seed

7:45 AM - 26 Sep 2017
stever20

Postby GumbyDamnit! » Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:58 pm

Interesting...

Creighton loses out on Bowen with L'ville, Nova loses out to UA on Quinerly, Nova loses out to Miami on Lonnie Walker and Chris Lykes. Hmmm, this might get ugly. It looks like this is all about Addidas, at least lets hope. I really, really hope (pray) that the BE teams stayed clear of this nonsense.
Go Nova!
GumbyDamnit!

Postby CrawfishBucket » Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:16 pm

GumbyDamnit! wrote:Interesting...

Creighton loses out on Bowen with L'ville, Nova loses out to UA on Quinerly, Nova loses out to Miami on Lonnie Walker and Chris Lykes. Hmmm, this might get ugly. It looks like this is all about Addidas, at least lets hope. I really, really hope (pray) that the BE teams stayed clear of this nonsense.

I agree. Another thing to think about is that - if coaches start getting fired - the coaching carousel starts churning again.
Georgetown
CrawfishBucket

Postby X-man » Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:25 pm

MullinMayhem wrote:We all know Louisville will get off with a slap on the wrist again. Doesn't matter what some schools do.

Actually, I predict that Cleveland State is in BIG trouble.
Xavier will surprise. Never count them out of the Dance.
X-man

Postby REDMEN1415 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:01 pm

http://collegebasketball.ap.org/article ... corruption

The coaches were identified as Chuck Person of Auburn University, Emanuel Richardson of the University of Arizona, Tony Bland of USC and Lamont Evans of Oklahoma State.

They were among 10 people charged in Manhattan federal court. Others included managers, financial advisers and James Gatto, the director of global sports marketing at Adidas.
REDMEN1415

Postby DeltaV » Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:11 pm

X-man wrote:
MullinMayhem wrote:We all know Louisville will get off with a slap on the wrist again. Doesn't matter what some schools do.

Actually, I predict that Cleveland State is in BIG trouble.

If I were a mid major school, I'd make sure all my athletic department secretaries take those candy dishes off their desks...
'Nova MechE, Swimming
DeltaV

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board