FBI Arrests NCAA coaches for corruption

The home for Big East hoops

Re: FBI Arrests NCAA coaches for corruption

Postby REDMEN1415 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:46 pm

@DarrenHeitner
Sources: Employees of Nike's EYBL grassroots division, along with documents, have been subpoenaed by FBI in furtherance of investigation

hahahaha This is just beginning
REDMEN1415

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby GoldenWarrior11 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:59 pm

Louisville is toast, and there will be others joining them it appears.
GoldenWarrior11

Postby Savannah Jay » Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:04 pm

DudeAnon wrote:So Mack has long been linked to the UL job whenever it opened up. What are the odds he takes it? 30%?

I can't see him leaving his team (And Trevon) to hang right before the season starts. So my bet is they handshake a deal for next year and UL uses an interim coach for this year.

Do you think there is a chance Louisville won't be playing basketball next year...and even if they are, what Mack has now seems better than Louisville on (presumably) a crippling probation.
Savannah Jay

Postby NJRedman » Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:32 pm

Savannah Jay wrote:
DudeAnon wrote:So Mack has long been linked to the UL job whenever it opened up. What are the odds he takes it? 30%?

I can't see him leaving his team (And Trevon) to hang right before the season starts. So my bet is they handshake a deal for next year and UL uses an interim coach for this year.

Do you think there is a chance Louisville won't be playing basketball next year...and even if they are, what Mack has now seems better than Louisville on (presumably) a crippling probation.

No way does any up and coming or top flight coach take the job at UofL until they see what the penalties are going to be.
NJRedman

Postby DudeAnon » Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:20 pm

NJRedman wrote:
Savannah Jay wrote:

No way does any up and coming or top flight coach take the job at UofL until they see what the penalties are going to be.

Louisville is a top 10 (top 5?) job in the country. They likely can pay double what we do and have pretty much everything a college coach could ask for. I am not saying its a given, but its foolish to not believe Mack is going to seriously consider it.
Xavier

2018 Big East Champs
DudeAnon

Postby herodotus » Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:12 pm

DudeAnon wrote:
NJRedman wrote:
Savannah Jay wrote:

Louisville is a top 10 (top 5?) job in the country. They likely can pay double what we do and have pretty much everything a college coach could ask for. I am not saying its a given, but its foolish to not believe Mack is going to seriously consider it.

A lot may depend on how deeply Sean Miller is involved. Mack was his top guy at X. If Miller turns out to be filthy, people will wonder if he was dirty at X, which could stain Mack. I think it would be best for X if Miller turns out to be clean, or only slightly dusty.
herodotus

Postby JohnW22 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:32 pm

I highly doubt Miller was doing anything at Xavier. His recruiting sucked in all honesty.
XU
JohnW22

Postby BEXU » Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:33 pm

Miller took Book Richardson, Parrom and some other clown with him to AZ., 8 (eight) years ago. The investigation started in 2015. Looks like UL will appoint an interim coach. Mack ain't leaving a couple days before practice starts. This whole fiasco may actually help X get some high quality '18 recruits that will play for only a schollie now.
BEXU

Postby NJRedman » Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:26 pm

DudeAnon wrote:
NJRedman wrote:

A top 10 job that is in the middle of a huge scandal that could possibly get the death penalty. Yeah, I can see everyone lining up for that job. hahaha

Oh and all the recruits are either decommiting or ineligible and those still there will be able to transfer right away once sanctions are handed down.
NJRedman

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board