College Sports Madness Top 144 teams

The home for Big East hoops

Re: College Sports Madness Top 144 teams

Postby Savannah Jay » Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:25 am

GumbyDamnit! wrote:
billyjack wrote:Creighton is underrated in general. Really, maybe all of our teams are undersold... i'm thinking Georgetown here too.

Creighton... they have a great group of returning players. Mintz, Alexander, Ballock, Krampelj, and Epperson. Joseph and Froling are 6 and 7. What more could you ask for? What's there not to like?

The only thing about Creighton that would concern me is they did lose a lot of athleticism on the wing. Thomas and Foster could really get up and down the floor and finish and compete with any other wings athletically. MK is coming off a serious injury and none of the their other guys jumped out as super athletic to me. But I'll defer to the Jays fans to confirm. Epperson is admittedly mobile for his size--a poor man's Justin Patton on the screen and rolls. But Mitch B. and co. are not quite the same as Kyrie and Marcus in terms of athleticism. The roster makeup looks more Creighton 2014-15; I wonder how that plays out this year.

Mel already said the same thing, but this roster is substantially better than the 14-15 version. Most of the players on that team were recruited to play in the valley. Perhaps my fellow Jays can correct me if I am wrong, but our last 2 recruiting classes have been the best ever and the players are suited for the BE (as Ty-Shon, Mitch, and Jacob showed last year).

Exhibitions are just that, but it's at least worth noting that the Froling kid started at center instead of Epperson and MK started at the 4. May have been to save Jacob's knees, but I was a tad surprised. My guess would be this Froling may be better suited to the BE than the one that went to MU for a spell. The freshman Zegarowski played the most minutes (22).

I am not sure we will finish in the top half of the conference or make the NCAA's, but this will be a much better team than 2014-15. Kenpom has us at 33, The Athletic at 48, and college sports madness doesn't have us in the top 144. If I had to wager, I'd guess something closer to the Athletic number. We will most certainly be in the top 144.
Savannah Jay

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby gtmoBlue » Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:03 am

Savannah Jay wrote:
GumbyDamnit! wrote:
billyjack wrote:Creighton is underrated in general. Really, maybe all of our teams are undersold... i'm thinking Georgetown here too.

Creighton... they have a great group of returning players. Mintz, Alexander, Ballock, Krampelj, and Epperson. Joseph and Froling are 6 and 7. What more could you ask for? What's there not to like?

The only thing about Creighton that would concern me is they did lose a lot of athleticism on the wing. Thomas and Foster could really get up and down the floor and finish and compete with any other wings athletically. MK is coming off a serious injury and none of the their other guys jumped out as super athletic to me. But I'll defer to the Jays fans to confirm. Epperson is admittedly mobile for his size--a poor man's Justin Patton on the screen and rolls. But Mitch B. and co. are not quite the same as Kyrie and Marcus in terms of athleticism. The roster makeup looks more Creighton 2014-15; I wonder how that plays out this year.

Mel already said the same thing, but this roster is substantially better than the 14-15 version. Most of the players on that team were recruited to play in the valley. Perhaps my fellow Jays can correct me if I am wrong, but our last 2 recruiting classes have been the best ever and the players are suited for the BE (as Ty-Shon, Mitch, and Jacob showed last year).

Exhibitions are just that, but it's at least worth noting that the Froling kid started at center instead of Epperson and MK started at the 4. May have been to save Jacob's knees, but I was a tad surprised. My guess would be this Froling may be better suited to the BE than the one that went to MU for a spell. The freshman Zegarowski played the most minutes (22).

I am not sure we will finish in the top half of the conference or make the NCAA's, but this will be a much better team than 2014-15. Kenpom has us at 33, The Athletic at 48, and college sports madness doesn't have us in the top 144. If I had to wager, I'd guess something closer to the Athletic number. We will most certainly be in the top 144.

Amen!! Thank you SavannahJay. ...and God Bless Kenpom - folks who Know basketball. Jays with a more balanced attack vs "give the ball to Marcus F". Ballock, Alexander, Mintz step up. Both Cashaw and Jefferson will become glue guys. I may have to recant my Epperson as PoY as it looks as though his knee will be a chronic issue. The Frosh have come ready-to-play (Froling-Zegorowski-Bishop). As usual I see a top half finish in my blue crystal ball...
"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." - Mahatma Gandhi
"Top tier teams rarely have true "down" years and find a way to stay relevant every year." - Adoraz

Creighton
gtmoBlue

Previous

Return to Big East basketball message board