Marquette on Top of Big East, Seton Hall Trails

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Marquette on Top of Big East, Seton Hall Trails

Postby xman » Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:52 am

EMT wrote:
xman wrote:Someone tell us what the standings would be only counting men's hoops, men's soccer, baseball, women's hoops, and volleyball. With a few exceptions those get 99% of the resources.

Volleyball?

I was looking for a women's sport to add. Didn't think it would be fair to just use men's sports to gauge athletic department strength although I suppose in reality, that's what is more accurate.
xman

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby cu blujs » Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:54 am

It appears to me that in PacXII, SEC, Big XII and in large parts of BigX country, women's volleyball easily tops soccer (men or women) in terms of popularity. Many of those schools sell out or come close to selling out most of their volleyball matches. The women's volleyball final four in Omaha has sold out each time it has been here. Women's soccer finals might get a thousand friends and family members and the mens soccer final four in KC a couple years back, which I attended, might have had 5,000. So, yeah volleyball is much more popular than soccer in a large part of the country (which by the way, I don't get, because I personally don't like watching volleyball).
cu blujs

Previous

Return to Big East basketball message board