Team Gear and Memorabilia

The home for Big East hoops

Postby NJRedman » Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:47 am

Does anyone else collect team clothes or memorabilia? Do you have every type of jersey your team wore? A basketball signed by your favorite player/coach? Do you prefer the new clothes your school puts out or do you like the vintage stuff?

Lets talk about the stuff we collect from our schools / teams.

Me I like the vintage shirts and hats. I have 12 SJU t-shirts, 3 tanks shorts, hats, sweatshirts, bobble heads, the 100th anniversary book, basketball, framed pics of me with Louie and Lavin, a duffle bag, pom poms, jester hat and a tone of hand towels.

Any other posters like myself with such a collection? If so where do you hunt down these treasures and which are you most prized?
Last edited by NJRedman on Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:22 pm, edited 3 times in total.
NJRedman

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Team Gear and Memerobilia

Postby Jet915 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:16 pm

Yeah, I've got a Creighton man cave full of framed team signed jerseys, framed team signed posters, autographed balls etc.....I'm out of wall space. I've got a large Creighton fan carpet mat, Creighton mousepad, coasters, blankets, chargers, lights, yeah, it's pretty pathetic. One of my walls has framed autographed pics of the last 5 NBA Creighton players above a Creighton clock...Haha.....half the shirts I wear are Creighton/Big East paraphernalia so you aren't the only one.
Jet915

Postby GoldenWarrior11 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:35 pm

I'm not a jersey guy myself, but I do love purchasing MU basketball gear (shirts, basketball shorts, hats, etc.). I officially became an old man two years ago when I purchased my first MU polo to wear at games.

One of the items I would like to get would be the 1977 NCAA Championship Banner.
GoldenWarrior11

Postby Savannah Jay » Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:59 pm

I would be embarrassed to list the amount of Creighton gear I own.

I do have a CU clock with a blue neon loop around it that I turn on after CU victories (lame, I know, I know).

In my office at work, I have a print done by an Omaha artist of Wragge, Doug, Gibbs, and Manigat that is signed by each of them.

NJR...I am not much of a vintage guy because I was not a huge fan of the "old logo" that was the bluejay with hands on its hips and have purged most of my inventory of billy. Dig the new CU logo and have "plenty" of stuff with the new logo on it. There are not many CU grads in my neck of the woods so wearing CU stuff is a novelty and occasional conversation starter.
Savannah Jay

Postby NJRedman » Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:54 pm

Savannah Jay wrote:I would be embarrassed to list the amount of Creighton gear I own.

I do have a CU clock with a blue neon loop around it that I turn on after CU victories (lame, I know, I know).

In my office at work, I have a print done by an Omaha artist of Wragge, Doug, Gibbs, and Manigat that is signed by each of them.

NJR...I am not much of a vintage guy because I was not a huge fan of the "old logo" that was the bluejay with hands on its hips and have purged most of my inventory of billy. Dig the new CU logo and have "plenty" of stuff with the new logo on it. There are not many CU grads in my neck of the woods so wearing CU stuff is a novelty and occasional conversation starter.

See i'm the other way. I love the old Redmen logo and have lots of shirts / sweatshirts with it. Had to give up a bunch of my sweat shirts once I moved to LA though.
NJRedman

Postby Jet915 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:57 pm

Agree with Savannah, i hated our old logo so i dont wear any clothes with that logo anymore. I too live in an area where there arent many Creighton fans and just a couple days ago, I was wearing a Creighton shirt and a guy told me he when he was in Omaha he remembers being hospitalized at Creighton Medical Center....
Jet915

Postby MullinMayhem » Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:04 am

I have a "New York's Team" rally towel, a #1 SJ foam hand, probably about 10 shirts, maybe 5 pairs of shorts, 3 sweatshirts, 4 jerseys, and a big SJ banner. My most prized possession regarding SJ memorabilia is the under armour jersey that Chris Mullin was nice enough to sign for me at the Joe Lemm Memorial basketball game at Carnesecca. I actually noticed he wasn't signing, so I yelled for Matt A who told me to throw it to him and he got Mullin to sign it then threw it back. I still have to frame it, but that's my favorite by far. One thing that never made sense to me is why our relatively new "St. John's" logo with the fancy font is never used. The team and staff have gear with the new logo, but fans don't have access. It's a real head-scratcher because I guarantee you shirts bearing them would sell very well. The new AD Goff has done wonders so far expanding the variety for the fans.
MullinMayhem

Postby MUBoxer » Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:07 am

I got drunk a few years ago and bought an actual banner from the al McGuire center it's probably 8 feet wide and 20 feet long and also was not updated since 2008 but damn it's pretty.

Other memorabilia includes 2013 big east east champions shirt, 2013 elite 8 shirt, 2011 & 2012 sweet 16 shirts. 2011 & 2012 sweet 16 pennants 2003 final four pennant and 1977 national championship pennant. Also have my old MU lacrosse gear still which is cool and the hat I bought the first time I toured MU in spring 2008. There's loads more but I wouldn't call it sports memorabilia as much as school memorabilia
Marquette 2013
NUI-Galway 2019
MUBoxer

Postby milksteak » Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:19 am

I have jerseys for the following players:

1. Matt Howard (definitely my favorite)
2. Khyle Marshall
3. Kellen Dunham

I had a signed Thomas Jackson jersey back in the day, but I think my parents gave it to Goodwill. Definitely a mistake on our part. :oops:

I've collected a crap ton of Butler shirts, hoodies, shorts, etc. throughout the years.
"I am a penned-up, leashed dog right now, and I can't wait to get started for Butler University."
- Barry Collier, August 1, 2006
milksteak

Postby NJRedman » Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:28 pm

I always cruise eBay but I actually found some cool stuff on Etsy too. I know, I never would have thunk it but they got some good stuff.

To me personally even though I hate Seton Hall I love this shirt.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/541609995/ ... _gallery_5

How about this super cool jacket?

https://www.etsy.com/listing/541609995/ ... _gallery_5
NJRedman

Next

Return to Big East basketball message board