History of Stuff That Should Be on the Off Topic Board

The home for Big East hoops

Re: History of Stuff That Should Be on the Off Topic Board

Postby NJRedman » Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:39 am

_lh wrote:
NJRedman wrote:
_lh wrote:There is an off topic portion of this site where the majority of Fieldhouse's nonsense can be placed and those that want to read his Wikipedia cut and paste jobs can visit that portion of the board. If it is not BE basketball related, it should be moved or deleted.

And most of your posts on this site are you demanding someone elses posts be moved or deleted. How about you actually contribute to the discussion instead of demanding the booting of another poster. Also you aren't right, the history of our schools isn't off topic during the off season.

I am right. It is off topic. You worry about how you contribute and I'll worry about how I do.

This is the only thread off topic now guy. You want to make a big deal of how other posters post now you made it my worry about how you contribute.
NJRedman

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby _lh » Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:43 am

Most of Fieldhouse Flyer's posts are off topic and belong in that forum. Sorry.
Xavier
_lh

Postby BEXU » Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:55 pm

OT:

http://www.daytondailynews.com/sports/d ... JmfJvgGXL/
I think they have enough guys now for the Ohio Penal league: Robinson, Scott, Perry, Kavanaugh and Miller.
BEXU

Postby UD Flyer Fanatic » Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:02 am

No excuse for Sam- I want him gone. Heard on the UD Board Sam was in anger management classes and had behavioral problems. Hearing that his parents being a Judge and a Lawyer and another family member being a professor at UD seems to have given him a distorted sense of entitlement.

Speaking for the vast majority of the fan base, we hope he is kicked out of the program and university and never again darkens our doorstep. This will be the first player discipline case for new coach Anthony Grant. We are watching closely.
UD Flyer Fanatic

Postby Xudash » Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:10 am

UD Flyer Fanatic wrote:No excuse for Sam- I want him gone. Heard on the UD Board Sam was in anger management classes and had behavioral problems. Hearing that his parents being a Judge and a Lawyer and another family member being a professor at UD seems to have given him a distorted sense of entitlement.

Speaking for the vast majority of the fan base, we hope he is kicked out of the program and university and never again darkens our doorstep. This will be the first player discipline case for new coach Anthony Grant. We are watching closely.

That's a shame. The parents are real tools or he just decided he was entitled, as you mentioned.

If there is no such thing as bad publicity, then at least take solace in the fact that this nutty incident has gone global:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4752580/Dayton-basketball-player-charged-fight-jail.html
XAVIER
Xudash

Postby sciencejay » Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:39 pm

billyjack wrote:I could give or take the wiki links.

For any of our schools, or even if we throw in Dayton etc, I find it interesting when i can read fans' opinions or backstories on their schools and history. It doesn't have to be obnoxious either. Like even just a discussion on anything about our many different coaches, Donoher or Red McManus or Eddie Sutton or Joey Meyer or whoever... McManus seems to have played a huge role in Creighton's history but i know nothing about him... how they coached, their strategies, personalities on the sidelines, or anecdotes about them walking on campus or eating in the cafeteria, anything like that i find pretty cool. Really any player or writer or whatever, or arena, etc.

The wiki links are fine but i like first-hand experiences and information that can't be found anywhere else. One time a while ago, for example, a Creighton fan pm'ed me about their star named Baptiste from the early 70's... sad story but really interesting.

I met Red a few times but didn't know him personally (am acquaintance/friend with his daughter--went to CU together), but my father-in-law played for him ~1960-62(ish). He has shared some great stories of playing at that time and of McManus. My favorite story is about when Paul Silas became eligible. I guess that once Silas became eligible--and everyone including McManus and the other players could see how great he was going to be--McManus called the team into the huddle during preseason practice and said (paraphrasing here): "We have a new offense. It's called get the ball to Silas." And that's how the season went for the most part.

With regard to FF's threads, posts, etc. He strikes me as a college hoops fan who wishes his team has a seat at the table. I can relate. Until four years ago, my Jays didn't either. I don't read most of what he posts, so I do the unthinkable and just ignore them. If you don't like his threads lh, don't read them. And get over yourself. Who ordained you the thread police to determine what should/shouldn't be posted during the off-season. This is a public, flipping, BEast hoops board. You don't get to make any of the rules. Just sit back and enjoy the ride.
sciencejay

Postby DudeAnon » Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:42 am

sciencejay wrote:With regard to FF's threads, posts, etc. He strikes me as a college hoops fan who wishes his team has a seat at the table. I can relate. Until four years ago, my Jays didn't either. I don't read most of what he posts, so I do the unthinkable and just ignore them. If you don't like his threads lh, don't read them. And get over yourself. Who ordained you the thread police to determine what should/shouldn't be posted during the off-season. This is a public, flipping, BEast hoops board. You don't get to make any of the rules. Just sit back and enjoy the ride.

This may be your first experience with FF, but Xavier fans have known him for years.
Xavier

2018 Big East Champs
DudeAnon

Postby Jet915 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:40 pm

I'm glad I live in the Creighton region. :D

Jet915

Postby _lh » Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:23 am

DudeAnon wrote:
sciencejay wrote:With regard to FF's threads, posts, etc. He strikes me as a college hoops fan who wishes his team has a seat at the table. I can relate. Until four years ago, my Jays didn't either. I don't read most of what he posts, so I do the unthinkable and just ignore them. If you don't like his threads lh, don't read them. And get over yourself. Who ordained you the thread police to determine what should/shouldn't be posted during the off-season. This is a public, flipping, BEast hoops board. You don't get to make any of the rules. Just sit back and enjoy the ride.

This may be your first experience with FF, but Xavier fans have known him for years.

Exactly and there is a forum on this site for off topic stuff like FF likes to post with his wiki links. Science, I don't make the rules but I would like to see off topic threads get moved to gasp, the off topic forum.
Xavier
_lh

Postby NJRedman » Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:39 am

_lh wrote:
DudeAnon wrote:

Exactly and there is a forum on this site for off topic stuff like FF likes to post with his wiki links. Science, I don't make the rules but I would like to see off topic threads get moved to gasp, the off topic forum.

I don't make the rules here but i'd like to see you stop whining about things that aren't a big deal. I guess we'll both just have to be disappointed.
NJRedman

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board