History of Stuff That Should Be on the Off Topic Board

The home for Big East hoops

Re: History of Stuff That Should Be on the Off Topic Board

Postby NJRedman » Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:49 pm

_lh wrote:
NJRedman wrote:
trephin wrote:The mods could pre fix his threads like they do with crawfish.

Why? It's the offseason, who is he bothering? Not everyone finds it annoying.

He is a troll and the majority of his threads are indeed off topic to Big East Basketball. There is an off topic board on this site and most of this threads should be started there or moved there by the mods, that's why. If you like them, go read them on the off topic board.

If you don't like them don't read them. Threads about the history of the conference and the member schools aren't off topic.

NJRedman

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby pki1998 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 5:46 pm

It's safe to say that Fieldhouse is not my favorite poster on the board. I don't really like the copy paste from wikipedia post, but they are related to Big East basketball. I wonder why he doesn't do this on the UDPride board. He also has a habit of posting in away that can get under Xavier fans skin with out seeming like he is picking a fight. I've only noticed one comment where he slipped up and showed his troll ways. My advice to my fellow Xavier fans is to ignore him. It only makes us look bad when you engage him. I agree with the other players who have noted that the board is dead this time of year and that we should just skip the post that we are not interested in.
Xavier
pki1998

Postby UD Flyer Fanatic » Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:20 pm

As a Dayton fan I frankly have conflicting feelings on what I think of Fieldhouse. I enjoy reading most of his posts and he brings up some interesting off-season discussion. But I also find interesting the tone deafness.

I believe that s/he is a person who has a real passion with basketball (and yes a level of pride in our program that wouldn’t take long to upset some X fans- since we are the guests here).

So as a guest on this board- and I have been very reluctant to enter this fray- I’m asking my fellow UD compatriot as a courtesy to me and other Dayton fans, to honestly tell us if he is all those other banned posters that the X fans say he is. There should not be hidden agendas by any poster on HLOH. It’s just not respectful.

In the meantime I’d like to be able to continue to pick my spots to post here. .. because UD fans do think of the 10 members of this conference as our institutional and MBB peers in so many respects and we find this conference not only as something to aspire to one day join- but to follow with interest and frankly passionately root either for or against those BE teams we know so well.
UD Flyer Fanatic

Postby NJRedman » Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:56 pm

I think X fans need to realize this isn't an X board. There are 9 other schools in this conference who don't have the history with Dayton and don't have the same visceral reaction to their mere presence. If these threads were clear troll attempts i'd be right there with you about them but I am enjoying these threads during the slowest time of the college basketball year.

Yes, I could go on Wiki to find all this info but I don't want to. I like having all the links right there laid out for me.
NJRedman

Postby billyjack » Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:41 pm

I could give or take the wiki links.

For any of our schools, or even if we throw in Dayton etc, I find it interesting when i can read fans' opinions or backstories on their schools and history. It doesn't have to be obnoxious either. Like even just a discussion on anything about our many different coaches, Donoher or Red McManus or Eddie Sutton or Joey Meyer or whoever... McManus seems to have played a huge role in Creighton's history but i know nothing about him... how they coached, their strategies, personalities on the sidelines, or anecdotes about them walking on campus or eating in the cafeteria, anything like that i find pretty cool. Really any player or writer or whatever, or arena, etc.

The wiki links are fine but i like first-hand experiences and information that can't be found anywhere else. One time a while ago, for example, a Creighton fan pm'ed me about their star named Baptiste from the early 70's... sad story but really interesting.
Providence
billyjack

Postby BEXU » Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:29 am

If you don't like the X posts don't read them. Oh...
][/quote]
BEXU

Postby _lh » Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:37 am

There is an off topic portion of this site where the majority of Fieldhouse's nonsense can be placed and those that want to read his Wikipedia cut and paste jobs can visit that portion of the board. If it is not BE basketball related, it should be moved or deleted.
Xavier
_lh

Postby NJRedman » Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:43 am

_lh wrote:There is an off topic portion of this site where the majority of Fieldhouse's nonsense can be placed and those that want to read his Wikipedia cut and paste jobs can visit that portion of the board. If it is not BE basketball related, it should be moved or deleted.

And most of your posts on this site are you demanding someone elses posts be moved or deleted. How about you actually contribute to the discussion instead of demanding the booting of another poster. Also you aren't right, the history of our schools isn't off topic during the off season.
NJRedman

Postby Hall2012 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:55 am

Why isn't this thread on the "Off-Topic" board? If there's any thread on here right now that has nothing to do with Big East basketball, it's this one. Mods? Please? Or better yet, just delete it.
Seton Hall Pirates
Big East Tournament Champions: 1991, 1993, 2016
Big East Regular Season Champions: 1992, 1993, 2020
Hall2012

Postby _lh » Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:56 am

NJRedman wrote:
_lh wrote:There is an off topic portion of this site where the majority of Fieldhouse's nonsense can be placed and those that want to read his Wikipedia cut and paste jobs can visit that portion of the board. If it is not BE basketball related, it should be moved or deleted.

And most of your posts on this site are you demanding someone elses posts be moved or deleted. How about you actually contribute to the discussion instead of demanding the booting of another poster. Also you aren't right, the history of our schools isn't off topic during the off season.

I am right. It is off topic. You worry about how you contribute and I'll worry about how I do.
Xavier
_lh

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board